Digital Nomad From Houston Texas Expanding Property Endeavors

4 Replies

My name is Jerry and been living a comfy adventure being a digital nomad for several years now, working abroad from 1 to 4mons at a time. Currently in Pacific Northwest, getting away from Texas heat and looking at property. Got into my first house purchase in 2010, got involved with AirBnB since 2012, learned and built a Tiny House, been enjoying learning and renovating parts of my initial property purchase and involved in taking care of others properties (cleanings, airbnb/rentals, and maintenance). Interested in meeting others both experienced and new into real estate. My current goal is to first use my existing funds to build/purchase next property, then learn to put deals together with others, and ultimately to purchase properties in unique locations that offer an exciting lifestyle. I'm big with the shared economy and using this model to subsidize this lifestyle, from properties, vehicles, and more. Interested in learning the finer details on paper as well as getting my hands dirty with the actual work. I'm going to start looking for a mentor/coach to better apply myself for this goal. I'm really into technology, avoiding being stuck in an office lifestyle, homesteading/farming, learning new things, expanding property portfolio to oversea locations and more. If anything I said resonates with you, your goals, interests, to be friends to share ideas or even possibly work together, I would love to get connected with you. 

Hi @Jerry Villa , Welcome to the BiggerPockets family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! You can find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

@Jerry Villa welcome to BP! Its nice to meet a fellow digital nomad here.

I'd love to connect and chat about future plans, especially ones geared toward digital nomads. Currently my main focus is to get going in real estate myself so I can sustain this lifestyle job-free as soon as possible.

Where will you be staying for the rest of the year?

Originally posted by @Marlon Fong :

Hi @Jerry Villa, Welcome to the BiggerPockets family! You came to the right place to learn all about real estate investing! You can find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: http://www.biggerpockets.com/meet

Hi Marlon, thank so much for the info. I will be checking out that page today. I'm currently in the Seattle/Pacific Northwest area for the summer so may even check this area before heading to my home base in Texas. 

Originally posted by @Andre Crabb :

@Jerry Villa welcome to BP! Its nice to meet a fellow digital nomad here.

I'd love to connect and chat about future plans, especially ones geared toward digital nomads. Currently my main focus is to get going in real estate myself so I can sustain this lifestyle job-free as soon as possible.

Where will you be staying for the rest of the year?

Andre, lets definitely talk buddy. I'm currently in the Seattle/Pacific Northwest area for the summer, can't stand Texas heat. Part of why I love being a digital nomad. By August and most of the rest of the year, I'll be back in Texas. I'll send you a PM. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you