Votes
Andrew Greenberg
  • Boca Raton, FL
Votes |
Newbie from Boca Raton

Andrew Greenberg
  • Boca Raton, FL
Posted Jul 9 2018, 18:31

Hello, I'm Andrew a 32 year old yacht captain and fisherman from Miami now living in Boca Raton, Fl. I'm excited to start this journey in the REI world and have spent the last couple months absorbing as much info as possible. I have listened to every BP podcast from the last two years (changing the speed to 1.5x helped me breeze through that), purchased ebooks, and participated in some webinars. I try to evaluate two properties a day using the awesome BP calculators. I'm hungry and ready to dive in.

The 1st challenge: My wife would prefer a move in ready home in the Boca area since we have been renting the last two years (very cheaply BTW) I don’t want to tie up our capital and would prefer a smaller home where we can force appreciation through rehab or others means. I have little experience in RE but see the importance of approaching our first joint purchase financially as opposed to emotionally. 

I need some tips on strategy and persuasion. How do I get her onboard and is there a middle ground or compromise that might make the most sense given our scenario? Based on our market in Boca which is competitive and expensive to enter, what are some other options that you guys can recommend? Thanks in advance for everyone’s help and I look fwd to my involvement in the BP community. 

Loading replies...