Fort Lauderdale Investors Meet Up

Fort Lauderdale Investors Meet Up

Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 7 votes

Hey BP investors in South Florida looking to take action into Real Estate investment? Get in touch. Let's network and meet up with other like minded people. Me and my team are reuniting weekly to discuss RE investment strategies and we are constantly building up teams together depending on your interests. Are you Wholesaler looking for cash buyers? Fix and Flip Investor? Leads? Creative Funding? Get in touch! I'm looking forward to building valuable relationships 

1Reply
16 views

Most Popular Reply

Specialist · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 187 posts · 128 votes
8y

@Brent Byers  There is no such thing as a "not good area to buy in" there are good investments and not good investments.  Whether Fort Lauderdale is "good" depends on how you define "good" and what you are looking for.  For example, if you are happy with a 7 cap and don't mind a D area, there is plenty of opportunity.  If you want a B Class building at a 7 cap, not going to happen down here barring something special.  Its all about clarity in your criteria and your model.  

See this reply in the discussion

25 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · USA · Member since 2018 · 66 posts · 48 votes
    8y
    Hi Eddie - im not in FL but I’m looking to buy there... lets connect and see if we can collaborate?
  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Great! I will like to know exactly what are you looking for lets collaborate!

  • Specialist · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 187 posts · 128 votes
    8y

    where do you meet Eddie?

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Hey Eric, I'm using meetup dot com we've been meeting in nearby starbucks (Coconut Creeks) and at actual properties (Sunrise) that other investors are closing on for tours and networking. Do you go to a specific club DREIA or BREIA? 

  • Member since 2018 · 46 posts · 15 votes
    8y

    Hey Eddie, I'm looking into getting my first deal.  Obviously this isn't a great market down here and I am interested in meeting up to see what other people are thinking.  I'm in Fort Lauderdale, let me know when / where the next meeting is located.  I'm looking for buy and hold multi-families, but down here I might be more interested in Air BNB rentals.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Perfect Tim, we are also looking up north because over here is pretty tough although there is still a lot of investors making good money right here. I'm also looking into multi-family properties lets connect. 

  • Specialist · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 187 posts · 128 votes
    8y

    No .  I generally go to REIAs only when I know someone.  Truthfully, I don’t see a lot down here from wholesalers that I work with that fits my criteria and when I lend, its usually different assets than what might be expected to be common at REIAs.  If I know someone there I usually have a pretty good sense of what type of group it is.   A lot of them are basically pitch fests rather than real networking and I don’t really care for the pitchfest (giving or getting) 

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    @Eric Jacobs if you know of any worthy REIAs please let me know. I would like to go. What exactly do you mean by pitch fests vs real networking? 

  • Specialist · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 187 posts · 128 votes
    8y

    They all have their ups and downs. I would just say that if you go to one where you quickly get the vibe the organizer is trying to sell something (i.e. some kind of coaching or get rich quick whatever...) get out of there...meetups should be about networking, sharing opportunities etc...IMHO not about selling your fellow REIA members....if anyone disagrees I'd welcome the input

  • Real Estate Agent · North ONT, Ontario · Member since 2016 · 43 posts · 12 votes
    8y
    Earlier in this stream of comments it was mentioned that Fort Lauderdale is not a good location to invest I'm wondering why he would say that is it due to the price is being too high?
  • Specialist · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 35 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Eddie Gonzalez:

    Hey BP investors in South Florida looking to take action into Real Estate investment? Get in touch. Let's network and meet up with other like minded people. Me and my team are reuniting weekly to discuss RE investment strategies and we are constantly building up teams together depending on your interests. Are you Wholesaler looking for cash buyers? Fix and Flip Investor? Leads? Creative Funding? Get in touch! I'm looking forward to building valuable relationships 

     Hey Eddie, Bigger Pockets is a great place to connect and network with people. South Florida is a strong area I am very excited about continued growth in the area! would love to connect. 

  • Specialist · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 35 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Deep Johal:

    Hi Eddie - im not in FL but I’m looking to buy there... lets connect and see if we can collaborate?

     Florida is a great place to be invested in, I am very excited about the growth that has been coming into the Florida economy specifically in South Florida. Would love to connect! 

  • Specialist · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 187 posts · 128 votes
    8y

    Inventory numbers are creeping up all over the place.  I too love South Florida but beware of optimism based on past figures.  Population growth has also slowed although its been helped by the influx of Puerto Ricans.  All signs point to a bit of a tipping point in many markets....on the bright side, that may be a sign of a buyer's market for a change 

  • Specialist · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2016 · 187 posts · 128 votes
    8y

    @Brent Byers  There is no such thing as a "not good area to buy in" there are good investments and not good investments.  Whether Fort Lauderdale is "good" depends on how you define "good" and what you are looking for.  For example, if you are happy with a 7 cap and don't mind a D area, there is plenty of opportunity.  If you want a B Class building at a 7 cap, not going to happen down here barring something special.  Its all about clarity in your criteria and your model.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Thanks Eric!

  • Member since 2016 · 1 post · 1 vote
    8y
    Hey Eddie, Im an architect here in the area. Im actually looking to get into development. Do you guys get into that at all?
  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Hi Patrick, not me personally but I can ask and get you a lead if possible. I'll get back to you later with that. 

  • Real Estate Agent · South/Central Florida · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Hey @Eddie Gonzalez  and everyone else. Im a Realtor in South Florida and would love to meetup and help also we are getting into investing also. Our firm does commercial as well for those that were asking about it.

  • Real Estate Professional · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 2 votes
    8y

    Would love to meet up also. Looking to start providing capital for deals. :)

  • Hollywood, FL · Member since 2017 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    @Eddie Gonzalez would love to attend and do some networking. Cashed out on our last flip in Miramar to focus on Ft Lauderdale, would love to get some thoughts, ideas and connections...
  • Specialist · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 117 posts · 35 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Enrique S.:
    @Eddie Gonzalez would love to attend and do some networking. Cashed out on our last flip in Miramar to focus on Ft Lauderdale, would love to get some thoughts, ideas and connections...

     Congratulations on your last flip. Attending some networking events is a great way to learn from others who have been in your shoes and  get a further understanding of the industry. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    Hey Eddie I'm a bit late to this post but any meet ups coming anytime soon or a locations. Newbie here and looking to network.

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Darwin Pitts of course tomorrow Saturday 1st we are on an investment property tour come join us! 

  • Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Eddie Gonzalez Hi Eddie, are you still hosting meet-ups for investors?

  • Rental Property Investor · Fort Lauderdale, FL · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 10 votes
    5y

    @Jacob Canfield is your company still providing lending and if so where can I get more info.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.