Tallahassee Florida rental investor

Tallahassee Florida rental investor

Rental Property Investor · Tallahassee · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
Hi new here. Tallahassee rental investor currently shopping for duplex to a quad.
1Reply
28 views

12 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2013 · 21 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    Hey Ben! Welcome to BP. How is your search for a multi unit going? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Tallahassee · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    Difficult! Can’t find anything worth pulling the trigger on.
  • Real Estate Agent · FL · Member since 2016 · 17 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Hello Ben, Im also in Tallahassee and looking for a quad myself. I have been looking at places  for a few months now. Ive put in offers on a few places but everyone wants too much. 

    Any particular part of town that you're looking in?

  • Rental Property Investor · Tallahassee · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    If the numbers fit I’m always open to take a look no matter the side of town. Saying that I try to stay away from SW Tallahassee. I agree, everyone is asking a lot. It’s a sellers market at the moment. I looked at a triplex the other day, it was nightmare. Needed to be torn down.
  • Central FL · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    It may be out of your area of interest, but I’m currently looking for an investor for a property that is unlisted but for sale. It’s a 51 acre parcel in Central Florida with lakefront access for about $4000 per acre. Adjoining properties, with less acreage and no lakefront, are under contract for $12,000 per acre and one is still listed for sale for $15,000 per acre. Please let me know if you’re interested! 8638603974 Joel
  • Central FL · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    I should add my plan is to flip the property for at least double it’s selling price within 30-45 days.
  • Rental Property Investor · Tallahassee · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    I appreciate the offer, but it’s out of my wheelhouse. Good luck with the acres.
  • Central FL · Member since 2017 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Thanks for the response, Ben! Take care.
  • Real Estate Investor · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    8y

    On the hunt for a duplex or quad as well.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2018 · 31 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    What kind of returns are you guys looking for? 

  • Rental Property Investor · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2014 · 67 posts · 18 votes
    7y

    Hey Ben,

    Just seeing this now, but best of luck with your search.  I bought my quad back in 2015, and yes there are some folks that just want way too much for what the place is.  So many sellers want minimum 1% of rents for properties that are in need of a lot of work.  Unfortunately, there aren't many quads in Tally.

    My plan all along was to consider exiting this property and 1031 into another after 4-5 years (so 2019 or 2020), but I may continue to hold as it has cash flowed nicely.  Problem i'm seeing now is the market is so high, what am I going to 1031 into?  Anyone else having this problem in Tallahassee or elsewhere?

  • Real Estate Investor · Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2012 · 105 posts · 19 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Michael Walton:

      Problem i'm seeing now is the market is so high, what am I going to 1031 into?  Anyone else having this problem in Tallahassee or elsewhere?

     Yeah, everything is pretty expensive now. I'm considering just buying a land in the good location and possibly develop it into a quadplex when I'm ready.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.