New Member intro - I'm Scott from the San Francisco Bay Area!

10 Replies

Hi BP Community!  My name is Scott, I'm a San Francisco Bay Area native (born in San Jose, and now live in San Francisco) who recently discovered BP podcasts through a friend and have been addicted ever since.  

I have some real estate investing experience in that I invested in a SFH in Cary, NC for about 10 years which I sold last year. Looking to get back into investing via syndicated deals and direct ownership in multi-family properties.

By day I am co-founder and CEO of a Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical consulting company which has offices in San Francisco, Los Angeles, and Cambridge, MA.  I am very passionate about building positive working relationships with others, and that's really the thing that struck me the most about the BP community and its members.  

Hoping to meet some fellow investors and entrepreneurs in here, and to provide value where I can.  Thank you for your time! 

Originally posted by @Dawn Brenengen :

@Scott Kobayashi Welcome to Bigger Pockets!  How did you do on your Cary house?  Everyone is buying there right now, not selling  :)

I did pretty good on it overall.  Had it under property management the entire time (with Block Associates), only 1 super bad delinquent on rent tenant, otherwise was fairly well occupied over the years.  

I still think the area is really great, good companies, public schools, universities, etc.  Are there many multi-family opportunities in the RTP area?  Seems like mostly SFHs and condos.  

Welcome @Scott Kobayashi !  I just read this post, and used to live in Cary, as well.  (many years ago!).  Cary/Raleigh and Boise both make a lot of top 10 lists, and have loved living in Both.

Originally posted by @Jonna Weber :

Welcome @Scott Kobayashi!  I just read this post, and used to live in Cary, as well.  (many years ago!).  Cary/Raleigh and Boise both make a lot of top 10 lists, and have loved living in Both.

Hi Jonna, thanks for your note!  I'm actually interested in the Boise market at the moment.  I have a few friends who have been there for vacation lately, and all said it was really nice.  Also familiar with some tech companies in the area such as Tsheets.com that have been very successful.  Maybe we can chat sometime?  Cheers!

Hello! @Scott Kobayashi

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you