Skip to content
New Member Introductions

User Stats

Votes
Colin Thompson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Votes |
Newbie looking for MFR - Travelling and Living Vanlife :)

Colin Thompson
  • New to Real Estate
  • Salt Lake City, UT
Posted Aug 15 2018, 13:27

Hi All! My name is Colin and I'm stoked to be here.

About me: I'm 34 and I live/travel in a van. It's basically a tiny home on wheels. I worked for the same construction company as a project manager for 11 years. Great career, but I burnt myself out. So, I adopted a minimalist lifestyle, saved as much money as I possibly could and quit my job to build a camper and see the country. My girlfriend travels with me, and we are having a blast seeing all the National Parks. We like to rock climb, hike and mountain bike. When I'm feeling arrogant, I tell people that I'm retired. In reality this lifestyle is an experiment in sustainable minimalism. 

My GOAL: Buy a multi family rental to secure "passive" income that will allow me to continue to live a minimalist lifestyle and live my dream. 

The Plan: I have about $300k for a down payment. I am currently trying to identify a market to begin looking at properties and building a team. Some potential locations include Provo UT, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Phoenix, Texas, and Boise. 

The Strategy: Buy, Improve, Rent and Hold. I am going to self manage everything I can while still living a mobile lifestyle. I can be present for anything planned, and will have to outsource any emergencies. 

Looking forward to learning more from the BP experts and contributing what I can. Cheers!

Here is some eye candy for ya (my house).

Loading replies...