Hungry Newbie from Kelowna, BC, Canada

Hungry Newbie from Kelowna, BC, Canada

Real Estate Broker · Kelowna, BC · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 8 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets Community! My name is Eric Allan Wilson, I'm 26 and moving to Kelowna, BC, Canada at the start of December working for Big White Mountain Resort this year and intend of living there for a few years. I've become obsessed with the idea of using real estate to achieve financial freedom and to fuel my adventure travel lifestyle. 

I currently have ZERO experience. My plan is to build my network over there which includes a  Investor Realtor, Mortgage agent, property manager and contractor.  My experience is in the tourism industry that I'd like to develop in BC. 

My first investment property I'd like a Single-Family home where $300K I'm confident I'll be able to qualify for.  

Fingers crossed that this is the path to financial freedom. I look forward to being apart of such a strong community!

1Reply
109 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2015 · 208 posts · 94 votes
8y

Hi, Eric! Welcome to BP. Everyone here started with zero experience, so you're amongst friends ;)

Sounds like you have a solid plan of attack to build your network. If you haven't already, take a listen to the BP podcast - it was a huge part of my education as I started in REI and will give you so much confidence to tackle this new venture.

Best wishes on your journey!

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Vancouver, Canada · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Eric Wilson sure ping me anytime! :)

  • kelowna · Member since 2019 · 19 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    hey Eric, im also in kelowna and im in the trades. im currently putting together a few other trades guys to start doing fix and flips in the area as well as possibly new construction projects. sounds like we might be able to help each other out. would be great to get in contact. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Winnipeg, MB · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 4 votes
    6y

    Does anyone have any contact info for sub contractors? I'm looking for all kinds of subtrade as I'm doing a reno on my home in personal Kelowna. Moving from Winnipeg. Thanks!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.