What are some good audiobooks for a beginner to pick up?

2 Replies

Hello everyone! Jacen here. I just recently got interested in the real estate industry and have been doing nonstop research over the last 36 hours to kinda get my feet wet. I’ve been all over the Bigger Pockets website, from the forums to signing up for Webinars (really excited to see what tomorrow’s has in store), and I have already downloaded countless episodes of the podcast that I can’t wait to listen to at work. In short, I’m all about getting as much info as I can before I start really delving into making deals. With education in mind, what are some audiobooks that you would recommend for beginners? I work in an environment that allows me to listen to music/podcasts/audiobooks during my entire shift. As you can imagine, it is an awesome opportunity for me to binge read countless books and listen to an insane amount of podcasts in a very short amount of time, relatively speaking (8-10 hours a day can really knock out a good chunk of if not an entire book, perhaps two). That being said, are there any go-to audiobooks that could be a great introduction? I personally am interested in wholesaling and rehab initially, and hope to work my way up to buying and holding. But I am game for anything related to REI. Just looking for some good info that I can really tear into. Thanks for reading! Excited to be here and excited to learn!

Welcome to BP @Jacen Lehman, I can't help with auido books but if you use the search here at Bigger Pockets maybe you can find some that others recommend. Good luck and continue to learn!

But to be a success, one must take action! 

@Jacen Lehman Some of the BP books are on Audible now.  Set for life, the book on rental property investing, the book on managing rental properties, the book on no money down.  If you listen to the podcasts, the guests always recommend their favorite books at the end of the show too.  You can probably find all those in the show notes for each episode.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you