New to the Business. Looking for all advice with opened ears!!

New to the Business. Looking for all advice with opened ears!!

Specialist · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes

Hello BP family, I'm new to BP and new to the Real Estate Business. I'm looking to get my business started in the Illinois  and willing to listen to all the great advice I can receive from this community. I'm looking  to become a whole seller to get my foot in the door! Would this be a good start for someone with little experience and low funding? ALL comments are welcomed!

0Reply
17 views

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Charles Russell III

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • George SkidisPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Belleville, IL · Member since 2017 · 875 posts · 529 votes
    8y

    What part of Illinois. We have very distinctive areas. Complete your profile and let people know where to respond about.

  • Specialist · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    I will be finishing My profile tonight, included with a picture and what area I'm in looking to Work in. Currently I've been looking in the northern part of Illinois mainly lake county area, that's going to be my back yard. Thank you for your wise words. I would like to extend a helpful hand to you in any form that I can just for giving me that bit of advice. I look forward to hearing from you soon! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 301 posts · 354 votes
    8y
    @Charles Russell III welcome to BP Charles, glad to have you here.
  • Rental Property Investor · Chattanooga, TN · Member since 2015 · 208 posts · 94 votes
    8y

    Welcome, @Charles Russell III! So glad you found Bigger Pockets!

    I don't have any special insights on Lake County, but here are a few things that may be helpful to you here on the Bigger Pockets website:

    You can set up keyword alerts so anytime someone posts about Lake County or Northern Illinois you'll be notified. That could be a great way to find and stay engaged with local investors and opportunities. http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    You can also search for other investors in that area and follow their journey on Bigger Pockets here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    Also, be sure to get plugged into the podcast - it's been a wealth of education and a huge confidence builder as me and my husband have pursued REI and built our portfolio.

    Best of luck to you and look forward to following your journey!

  • George SkidisPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Belleville, IL · Member since 2017 · 875 posts · 529 votes
    8y

    If you can get to Lombard, IL check out Jane Garvey and the Chicago Creative Investors Association (Chicago CIA). They meet on Sunday night.

  • Specialist · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    8y

    Thank you George! I appreciate you reaching out to me!

  • Specialist · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    @Christina J. Thank you for your input! I will be looking into everything you mentioned! If your ever interested in the Illinois market feel free to reach out to me again!
  • Specialist · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 3 votes
    8y
    @Kelly I. Thank you Kelly! I'm glad to be here, with the little time I've been here I can see this community is great!
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.