New Member from Hawaii

13 Replies

I am so excited to introduce myself.  My name is Paulina I currently live in Hawaii.  I own 3 properties two are in contract I am the bank the third one is going into contract soon.  The funny thing is all the properties are in different states. I consider myself a newbie.  

I look forward to meeting like minded people.  

I am currently looking for partners.  

The states I am working in are Idaho, Washington, Alaska ( Fairbanks) and finally Hawaii ( Big Island maybe Maui)

Originally posted by @Anthony McEvoy :

@Paulina Chase: Welcome!  Do you have family or friends in those other states you have properties?

Yes one state, but not anywhere near the property.  The beauty of owner carry is I do not have to do repairs on the property.  I have revisited one of them once since we sold it.  

@Paulina Chase Hello, great choice joining BP. Sounds like you are an experienced newbie. I am in Eastern Idaho. What kind of partners are you looking for? What are you planning to do? I'd love to offer help in any way I can be of service.

Originally posted by :

I started by purchasing my a residence to live in and have moved on to purchasing through auctions.  I am currently looking back into Fairbanks Alaska since I have formed a team there.  I would like to succeed with one more flip, but know I need to add rental properties into my portfolio.  My passion is mobile home park, after I get better at this.  Glad to see Idaho people responding as I am from Idaho as well.  My kids and husbands family are near the Boise  area.  I would love to partner with someone that can show me more of the ropes, experienced, think out of the box kind of person or group.

Welcome to the island scene. Sounds like you know a bit about creative deal structuring which is a major addition to one's toolkit. I did a good flip on the Hilo side a couple years ago and am working some potential deals on Maui. I'm also in the Anchorage market with some lease options.

Hi Paulina. 

Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

My wife and I are relatively new real estate investors in Hilo on the Big Island.

We bought our first SFH earlier this year, we renovated and then rented it out.

We close on our second fixer-upper in Hilo this week. 

We are also looking to meet with people who are interested in partnering as we have some potential deals coming up later this year that may be too big for us manage on our own.

We currently live in Berkeley, CA but plan to move to Hilo next year.

Hello! @Paulina Chase

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an "investor friendly" real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it's important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you