New Member from Hawaii

New Member from Hawaii

Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes

I am so excited to introduce myself.  My name is Paulina I currently live in Hawaii.  I own 3 properties two are in contract I am the bank the third one is going into contract soon.  The funny thing is all the properties are in different states. I consider myself a newbie.  

I look forward to meeting like minded people.  

I am currently looking for partners.  

The states I am working in are Idaho, Washington, Alaska ( Fairbanks) and finally Hawaii ( Big Island maybe Maui)

1Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

Hello! @Paulina Chase

Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Anthony McEvoyPro Member
    Investor · Champaign, IL · Member since 2018 · 160 posts · 114 votes
    8y

    @Paulina Chase: Welcome!  Do you have family or friends in those other states you have properties?

  • Realtor · Wailea, HI · Member since 2014 · 95 posts · 45 votes
    8y

    Welcome Paulina!  Aloha from Maui!

  • Real Estate Broker · Wailea, HI · Member since 2016 · 134 posts · 77 votes
    8y

    Aloha from Maui! Welcome to BP!

  • Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Anthony McEvoy:

    @Paulina Chase: Welcome!  Do you have family or friends in those other states you have properties?

    Yes one state, but not anywhere near the property.  The beauty of owner carry is I do not have to do repairs on the property.  I have revisited one of them once since we sold it.  

  • Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Patrick Franta:

    Welcome Paulina!  Aloha from Maui!

    Thank you love Kihei.  

  • Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Patrick Franta:

    Welcome Paulina!  Aloha from Maui!

    Thank you.

  • Don SpaffordPro Member
    Investor · Idaho Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 912 posts · 629 votes
    8y

    @Paulina Chase Hello, great choice joining BP. Sounds like you are an experienced newbie. I am in Eastern Idaho. What kind of partners are you looking for? What are you planning to do? I'd love to offer help in any way I can be of service.

  • Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by :

    I started by purchasing my a residence to live in and have moved on to purchasing through auctions.  I am currently looking back into Fairbanks Alaska since I have formed a team there.  I would like to succeed with one more flip, but know I need to add rental properties into my portfolio.  My passion is mobile home park, after I get better at this.  Glad to see Idaho people responding as I am from Idaho as well.  My kids and husbands family are near the Boise  area.  I would love to partner with someone that can show me more of the ropes, experienced, think out of the box kind of person or group.

  • Retirement Accounts Attorney · Southfield, MI · Member since 2017 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Paulina Chase

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

  • Michael BorgerPro Member
    Rehabber · San Diego, CA · Member since 2010 · 500 posts · 208 votes
    7y

    Welcome to the island scene. Sounds like you know a bit about creative deal structuring which is a major addition to one's toolkit. I did a good flip on the Hilo side a couple years ago and am working some potential deals on Maui. I'm also in the Anchorage market with some lease options.

  • Rental Property Investor · Hilo, HI · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Hi Paulina. 

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets.

    My wife and I are relatively new real estate investors in Hilo on the Big Island.

    We bought our first SFH earlier this year, we renovated and then rented it out.

    We close on our second fixer-upper in Hilo this week. 

    We are also looking to meet with people who are interested in partnering as we have some potential deals coming up later this year that may be too big for us manage on our own.

    We currently live in Berkeley, CA but plan to move to Hilo next year.

  • Member since 2018 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    7y
  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hello! @Paulina Chase

    Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

    I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

    First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

    The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

    The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

    I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.