In South Florida- Willing to Work In Order to Learn

3 Replies

Hello All,

My name is Justin. I'm born and raised in the Broward and live now in Miami. I've been studying real estate for a couple of months and am looking for someone experienced that I can work for and learn from. I'm planning on attending the local REIs as well but have heard this site is a good place to network as well. I'm willing to do whatever is needed to help out and learn. 

Hey @Justin Marx  

Welcome to BP man! I don't think face to face networking can be compared to doing so virtually but there is definitely tons of members on here who have experiences to share that you can most certainly learn from. Lucky for you, many of us meet monthly in Little Havana and share these experiences with other Miami BP members. Let me know if you'd like to attend! 

I think you could find most of what it takes to get it started in the podcasts alone, that was initially all I needed. Have you decided what direction of investing you would like to pursue? I would figure that out first and dive in to as much as you can learn in that strategy. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions. 

Happy investing!

Hey @Gabe Amedee  

I am very interested! Are you talking about the What's Brewing Miami? I went to Dreia last week trying to meet people. I know part of it is that a lot of people are looking to network, but everyone sees incredible friendly on this site and in person so far.

I have long-term big money dreams of a portfolio and such. But first and foremost I'm looking to househack my way into my first house/ rental property. I don't know why I hadn't thought to target information on just that. That's a great idea. Thanks!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you