Greetings from Chile!

Greetings from Chile!

Investor · Santiago, Chile · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello Bigger Pockets! my name is Bastian Menares. First of all I want to thank you for your great advices in the forum and podcast, they have helped and inspired me a lot. Note: Sorry about my English but I'm not native, I'll do my best. I am a radiologist technician who lives in Chile and loves the real estate business. Also, I'm an investor and self-learning real estate agent who has acquired his knowledge from real life situations, books and courses. I have got 5 properties using several strategies (hope to have many more!). They are rented in a short term way and traditional way. As a real estate agent I work selling agricultural land and apartments. 

Best Wishes Bastian Menares

0Reply
33 views

Most Popular Reply

Carmel, IN · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 13 votes
7y

Welcome @Bastian Menares! That's great to hear you already have rental properties. Are your properties all in Chile? I would love to hear more about your journey by connecting with you.

See this reply in the discussion

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Carmel, IN · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    Welcome @Bastian Menares! That's great to hear you already have rental properties. Are your properties all in Chile? I would love to hear more about your journey by connecting with you.

  • Investor · Santiago, Chile · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Joshua Huang thank you for your response. All my properties are in Chile but in two different cities, glad to help in anything.
  • Real Estate Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 236 posts · 328 votes
    7y

    @Bastian Menares are you looking to invest in the US, or to learn about real estate and continue investing in Chile?  I'm very curious about real estate in Chile and will be there in December to visit relatives in the Los Rios region.  Please connect with me if you would like to discuss.  Thanks.  

  • Real Estate Agent · Falls Church · Member since 2012 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Hello! @Bastian Menares

    Welcome to BP, and congratulations on making the decision to invest in your future via real estate.

    I have written a few blog posts that may help you get started here on BP, and with your investing. Please click on the links, give them a read, and share your thoughts in the comments.

    First is a post that I feel will help not get overwhelmed with the amount of info that is here on BP:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52761-the-simple-guide-to-getting-started-on-bp

    The second is a post that will help get you focused with your real estate investing goals:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52743-im-new-to-bp-any-advice-would-be-appriciated

    The last one is a post that will help you choose an “investor friendly” real estate agent. There are many agents out there, but it’s important to choose the right one.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/blogs/5868/52724-im-new-to-investing-how-do-i-find-an-investor-friendly-agent

    I love answering questions if you have any! Good Luck :)

  • Investor · Santiago, Chile · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    Greetings @Peter Sanchez ! I'm looking to learn more about RE and still investing in Chile. I think Chile has very good opportunities, prices are not so high as in the US, construction is very regulated and the economy is pretty stable. I live in Santiago, I have more experience in this area. However, definitely I can help you, gladly on the contrary of the US we don't have different laws by region (states)
  • Investor · Santiago, Chile · Member since 2017 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Brandon L. Thank you very much for the valuable information and greetings, definitely I'll read it and give a feedback. If I can help you with information about Chile feel free to ask me as well.
  • Felipe LecarosPro Member
    Member since 2026 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    7mo

    Hola Sebastián. Todavía eres miembro de BP? Yo soy Chilenos (de Santiago) y me gustaría conectar contigo. 

    Saludos,

    Felipe

  • Felipe LecarosPro Member
    Member since 2026 · 22 posts · 2 votes
    7mo

    Perdón. Quise decir Bastián...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.