New BRRRR Investor from Richmond, VA!

New BRRRR Investor from Richmond, VA!

Property Manager · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 204 posts · 297 votes

Hello! I'm a new investor and brand new to BP, but have been in the RE investing and property management scene in Richmond, VA for a while now. While I'm fortunate to already have some great friends/mentors in the field, my hope is that BP can be a platform to expand my current network and to develop other strong relationships. I have a lot to learn, and look forward to scouring BP for more insight. My goal is to grow my buy/hold portfolio for financial independence (preaching to the choir, right?). I need to learn more, but I'm excited to employ the BRRRR method. If you're investing in RVA I welcome a connection.

While I'm not interested in pushing our services here, I am also a partner in a small, local property management company where we enjoy being a resource to other local investors, even if they aren't using our management services.  I appreciate the grind and want to offer my help when I can.  If you have any questions about rent suggestions or local neighborhood information, I have the tools to help.  I know I'll get a lot from BP, so I want to be sure to give back.  Hopefully that's not frowned upon to post, but genuinely happy to be a resource.  Thanks!

1Reply
17 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 347 posts · 191 votes
7y

Hi Stephen -- Welcome to BP! It's a great platform for sure. I hope to meet you in person at one of the local meetups. There are quite a few of those now on meetup.com. I usually go at least to RING and REIA but sometimes I have schedule conflicts that keep me away. I've also been doing BRRR (before it had that name) and some private money lending. Just got my license earlier this year to round out the real estate related activities.

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Richmond, VA · Member since 2013 · 347 posts · 191 votes
    7y

    Hi Stephen -- Welcome to BP! It's a great platform for sure. I hope to meet you in person at one of the local meetups. There are quite a few of those now on meetup.com. I usually go at least to RING and REIA but sometimes I have schedule conflicts that keep me away. I've also been doing BRRR (before it had that name) and some private money lending. Just got my license earlier this year to round out the real estate related activities.

  • Contractor · Alexandria, VA · Member since 2018 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    What's up Stephen! I am investing in Richmond, but live 2 hours away in the suburbs of DC. I'm also new to BP. Currently in the Rehab phase of my first Richmond BRRRR in Broad Rock and would be interested in your insight from a property management perspective. I haven't started shopping around just yet, but would be glad to hear what your company has to offer. Please send me a DM when you get a chance. Thanks!

  • Property Manager · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 204 posts · 297 votes
    7y

    Shera,

    Thank you for your welcoming response. I was looking through different meet ups today since I was stepping into BP as well. I plan to attend the January REIA (cannot attend December, closing on a house same day), and I'll look into RING. I also registered to check out RPOA as well.

    I haven't employed BRRRR but it seems like a strategy that would be a great fit for my goals. Great to hear it's been working well for you in the local market. Looking forward to speaking more, and hopefully crossing paths at some point in the near future.

  • Property Manager · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 204 posts · 297 votes
    7y

    Tim,

    Thanks for reaching out.  I've been in Richmond most of my life, but did live in Ashburn for a couple years.  RE is much less expensive down here!  I'm happy to provide insight as a resource, and there's no pressure to use our services.  Just happy to help.  Also would be cool to have the chance to check out your property in person and to learn more about what you're doing in the Rehab phase, and what you expect to get out of it.  I'll send a DM.

  • Rental Property Investor · RVA · Member since 2016 · 5k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    7y

    Hi Stephen,

    Welcome! If you're looking for RVA based real estate groups to join, I run a multifamily investors group. Love to have you.

  • Property Manager · Richmond, VA · Member since 2018 · 204 posts · 297 votes
    7y

    Taylor,

    I'm not a multi-family investor (yet) but would like to start networking in that space now to be ready when I make the jump.  Would love to drop in as a guest to see what it's all about!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.