Not new but just introducing myself from Watford City, ND

Not new but just introducing myself from Watford City, ND

Rental Property Investor · Watford City, ND · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 6 votes
Hi my name is Matt and I'm from Watford City, North Dakota. I have been a member of BP for a while now but im just getting around to this introduction thing. Last August me and my girlfriend picked up our first rental property and now have a tenant in it. We are in the process of looking for another property but we are not sure if we want to continue investing in North Dakota. The prices on real estate here are ridiculous and it fluctuates so bad because of the oil activity. Any ways there seems to be a lot of information here that we can learn from so maybe we can start investing in other states. If there are any other investors here from my area I would like to connect and maybe learn a thing or 2.
2Reply
51 views

Most Popular Reply

Hays County, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 17 votes
6y

Hello Matt, Are you still investing in the Watford area? If so, I'd love to connect. I am currently working in the Williston area but I'm from Texas and trying to make the most of my time while I am out here. Looking to do some wholesales out here.

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Bend, OR · Member since 2018 · 19 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    Welcome, Matt, and congratulations on your rental and tenant.

  • Dickinson, ND · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Matt Fogle Hello Matt, are you still in Watford? Looking to network with other investors is so. Thanks

  • Rental Property Investor · Watford City, ND · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    7y

    @Tyler Palmer yes sir I'm still in watford city.

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Matt Fogle

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

  • Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    @Matt Fogle I am actually looking into invest in that area. It sounds like that you are not going to “ approve”. Is it in a downturn and loosing people now? The place i am looking at is a mobile home park fully occupied. Thanks in advance for your input.

  • Rental Property Investor · Watford City, ND · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jen Mao:

    @Matt Fogle I am actually looking into invest in that area. It sounds like that you are not going to “ approve”. Is it in a downturn and loosing people now? The place i am looking at is a mobile home park fully occupied. Thanks in advance for your input.

    No it isn't in a down turn, actually the market is booming here. houses are $200,000 min. and that is for one that needs a decent amount of work. im not trying to steer people away from investing here at all. the City is begging people to come in a build houses because we are in such a shortage of them. I would love to continue investing here but with the way oil can collapse and anytime you may not get the rents to support the mortgages at all times. if you can get the mobile home park at the right price id say jump on it for sure!! im curious though I am always looking for deal around here. the only mobile home park I know of that's for sale seems pretty steep on the price, unless there is another one im not aware of.

  • Hays County, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    Hello Matt, Are you still investing in the Watford area? If so, I'd love to connect. I am currently working in the Williston area but I'm from Texas and trying to make the most of my time while I am out here. Looking to do some wholesales out here.

  • Rental Property Investor · Watford City, ND · Member since 2015 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    @Dusty Lewis yes I am. I am currently doing a flip project in Williston. Do you have any homes to wholesale off yet?

  • Hays County, TX · Member since 2018 · 27 posts · 17 votes
    6y

    Not as of yet, trying to make connections in the area first. How’s that project going?

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.