Newest Investor from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Newest Investor from Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

Ottawa Ontario, Canada · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes

Hello BP community!

I’m Tuan Pham, a full-time software developer living in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. I've caught the real estate investing bug after going to a 3-day real estate investing workshop in early December 2018. What I took away from that workshop was the basic knowledge of investing in real estate and how it can build wealth. I've been learning everything I can about real estate investing from reading books, to watching BP webinars and listening to BP podcast.

Real estate investing is very exciting, and I am very motivated. I currently have a full-time career and doing real estate investing part-time. My ultimate goal is to invest full-time, to be able to generate enough cash flow that I can leave my current full-time career. I want to be able to achieve said goals by utilizing the BRRRR strategy with small multifamily properties.

Any tips and advice would be much appreciated. I’m looking forward to connecting with the BP community!

2Reply
27 views

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 4 votes
    7y

     Hey Tuan, 

    Welcome, I just posted my intro yesterday- so new here too! Just sending warm welcome vibes your way. 

    You seem to have similar goals to my wife and I, happy to chat anytime! 

    Derek Rodenbeck

  • Fort Erie, Ontario · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Welcome Tuan,

    I am also fairly new & motivated. From Niagara region!

    Always happy to connect and chat as we learn together

  • Rental Property Investor · Ottawa Ontario, Canada · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Hi Tuan, I'm from Ottawa too. 

    There is a great local RE Organization called OREIO.. they meet monthly. Good place to network. 

    Thanks,

  • Ottawa Ontario, Canada · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Derek Rodenbeck - thanks for the warm welcoming vibes. Welcome to you as well. Likewise, happy to chat whenever.

    @Eric Mory - Thank you. How is the market in your area? Feel free to chat with me whenever. 

    Can't wait to see both your achievements in the near future.

    @Mike Wass - I'm going to be there tonight! Hope to see you there.

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets,@Tuan Pham!

    You'll find plenty of friendly, knowledgeable people willing to help respond to your questions. Many members are experts in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate brokerage, wholesaling, flipping, buy and hold, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. For example, if you are looking to connect with other members near you, want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could start your search here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

    I really like the alerts feature that can quickly guide you to current topics that might interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

  • Rental Property Investor · Ottawa Ontario, Canada · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Tuan Pham unfortunately not. I have kindergarden orientation Tonight enjoy!

  • Fort Erie, Ontario · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Tuan Pham Definitely excited about the market. It's getting to be expensive but there still seems to be great opportunities to be had. Maybe we can connect some time to go over some properties together

  • Ottawa Ontario, Canada · Member since 2018 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    @Justin Windham , thanks for the tip!

    @Eric Mory - That sounds like an exciting market. Feel free to message me whenever.

  • Investor · Ottawa, Ontario · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    @Tuan Pham Hi Tuan welcome to the group. We have been really successful doing this in the US. Would love to chat with you some more cheers!

  • Member since 2018 · 16 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hi All 

    Im also from Ottawa and reach me on 6136177566 

    Thanks 

    Abdul 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.