Young and cockey - it's what my mentor calls me

Young and cockey - it's what my mentor calls me

Rental Property Investor · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2011 · 145 posts · 79 votes

I suppose this is where you begin...

Truth be told I'm more interested in the OTHER people on this site than I am talking about me, but allow me to introduce myself;

I'm 19 and you could say I'm at a major disadvantage to be getting into real estate, well, at least all the 9-to-5 people tell me so, but I don't see it that way.

I have no job - so I have plenty of time and no expenses ( live at home and EARN my keep plus I have no car)

I have no credit - So I have to be creative

I have almost no money - So I have to find the deals that require almost no money

I have no diploma - Not that I'm dumb. Straight A's all through school, but decided to head off to Australia these past two years for rabbinical studies instead. To become a Rabbi is something I wanted. The only future I have is what I make for myself.

I DO have a mentor - Who's kept me from screwing up and told me to just sit, listen, and learn for two years. I did.

I DO have motivation and "unrealistic" goals - Before I left Australia I told everyone I was going to have my first cash flow property before I head to the rabbi program in NY at the end of August (a six week window). Didn't know how, but I knew if you truly believed it it would happen.

The result - I just opened up escrow on a nicely redone 2/2 condo, a few have called me about renting it out, I found a reputable and affordable management company to take care of it and we're scheduled to close...Aug 31.

Now I've found this site and am looking to network. What I love about REI is that it's a very communal sort of thing. Everyone has their strengths and niches, and when all the pieces work together, THAT'S when you become rich. Unlike the regular work force where it's just competition and who can keep their jobs and climb the ladder first and kiss their boss's behind - not my thing, though I have the highest respect for all those who work hard to bring food to the table (especially my father who's a cop).

REI is also the best means I see of achieving the life I want. I want to be a charitable philanthropist with all the time and money to build and enhance my small Chandler Jewish community.

The piece I can contribute to the vast REI puzzle is my ability to find, negotiate, structure, and be creative. I'm dying to know what all of you are after, and how I can fit in to create the big picture - financial freedom!

1Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Will BarnardPro Member
    Moderator
    Developer · Santa Clarita, CA · Member since 2008 · 15k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    15y

    Welcome to BP Nation Dovid. Stay active on the site, it will help you stay on the right path.

  • Orlando, FL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 282 votes
    15y

    Welcome! I wish had the foresight to get involved with this at your age. If you're are careful and play your cards right you can make a lot of money.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    15y

    Nice!! Condo's aren't my 'thing' but they certainly have a place for some. I'm glad to see someone local doing great.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.