Hey everyone, my name is Christian Ehlers and I'm looking to get started in real estate as soon as possible. I've been a listener of the bigger pockets podcast for about 3 years now whilst being a full time college student with a part time job. I'm in the southern New Hampshire area and want to build a portfolio of rental properties as my main goal, while looking to wholesale to build extra capital for these purchases. I found bigger pockets shortly after reading every investors favorite book Rich Dad Poor Dad, when educating myself on investments in general years ago. Can't wait to get my first deal.
welcome to the site, BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you
I'm a local investor in the New Hampshire and i would be more then happy to help you out with any questions you have
we have network meeting at Nashua on the 3rd Wed of the month and it great place to meet with others real estate investor and we have numbers of deals done after people meet in our group, you can find more at Real Estate Events and Happenings Look forward to seeing you around! PM me if I can help
Rental Property Investor · Newmarket, NH · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 0 votes
7y
@Christian Ehlers welcome to BP! I’m also looking for my first investment property in southern NH. Definitely check out some of the local meetups. There are a few every month in the area.
Hey Ben! Thanks for the welcome, I've seen through BP that there's a Dover REIA meeting but haven't seen much else super local, are there any others you would suggest? Thanks!
Manchester, NH · Member since 2019 · 45 posts · 12 votes
7y
Welcome Christian! I'm much newer than you around here =) I've been consuming information for the past year, aiming to buy my first multifamily soon.
I've been to the NHREIA in Manchester twice and have signed up for the rehab bus tour in a couple weeks! To attend meetings as nonmembers is $20 per session, but they will take the 20 off the $90 annual price if you sign up to be a member at next month's meeting. Also, Gal Peretz hosts a free meetup every month that I attended a couple weeks ago for the first time. (https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/521/topics/559070-nh-ma-investor-lets-get-together-and-talk-real-estate-investing)
Rental Property Investor · Southern NH · Member since 2017 · 87 posts · 100 votes
7y
Hey Christian, always good to see other N.H. people on BP! My business partner Scott and I are most of the way through a multi rehab north of Concord. Give me a shout sometime and good luck!
Thanks for the welcome everyone, I hope to see some of you at the REIAs you all suggested and it’s nice to know there are actually other investors in NH!
Rental Property Investor · Annapolis, MD · Member since 2011 · 232 posts · 170 votes
7y
@Christian Ehlers Great to meet you and welcome to BP! You are for sure in the right spot and getting started while you're still in school is awesome. Keep learning, keep networking, look to partnership/mentorship and you will get that first deal in no time.
welcome to the site, BP has a tremendous amount of information to help you
I'm a local investor in the New Hampshire and i would be more then happy to help you out with any questions you have
we have network meeting at Nashua on the 3rd Wed of the month and it great place to meet with others real estate investor and we have numbers of deals done after people meet in our group, you can find more at Real Estate Events and Happenings Look forward to seeing you around! PM me if I can help
Hollis, NH · Member since 2018 · 60 posts · 43 votes
7y
@Christian Ehlers. Welcome to BP. This platform is very helpful. I work in Nashua and am investing with a few folks from the area. Would be happy to help. Check out the REI that @Gal Peretz hosts. Maybe we could talk then or feel free to PM me.