Investing In Boise and Sacramento

Investing In Boise and Sacramento

Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 5 votes

Hello, I'm Drew Tawlks.

 I first started getting interested in this world about 2 1/2 years ago. I've read a few books and listen to almost all of the podcasts. I got my real estate license in California last year and this year I got it in Idaho. I've had a hot start and have been helping folks buy and sell in both states. I'm ready to do some buying and selling of my own! Multi family rentals is what gets me excited. If anyone is in Sacramento/ Boise I'D LOVE TO CONNECT! 

1Reply
8 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Elk Grove, CA (Elk Grove) · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Drew,

    I'm preparing for a move to Sacramento and was looking to get into a multifamily. Not an agent so the only resources I have are sites like trulia and Zillow. I have found a duplex in the south oak park area that I'm interested in but I just purchased my second home in Paso Robles CA this Jan on a VA loan. I'd be interested to hear what you have planned. Or are looking i get into.

  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Drew Tawlks

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    Discounts on some products and services are offered to BP members: https://www.biggerpockets.com/perks/pro

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

    Alerts can be really helpful too: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

  • Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Jason Avila

    Sounds good! When’s the next time you’ll be in Sac? I’d love to connect. I’m currently looking to get into a multi family in the Sacramento/ Natomas/Citrus Heights areas. Pretty affordable and the rents seem to have a decent payout. I grew up in Sacramento so I’m most comfortable with that market. However Boise is certainly showing a lot of promise. I own a single family up here right now. I’m in Sacramento every other week doing business  

    I’d love to help you in any way I can, and have the opportunity to learn some knowledge from you as well. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Elk Grove, CA (Elk Grove) · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    I’m not exactly sure how soon we’ll be back up there. We just went last weekend. I’ll check our events and see if we have a good excuse to make that trip soon. Once I have a ln idea I’ll shoot you a message to see if it lines up with one of your trips. If we don’t have a reason anytime soon I’ll head up there for a weekend you’re there so we can meet up. I grew up there as well, in Oak Park and graduated from Sac high in 2000. And my kids are currently up there so we go up for all their events. Good to meet you and hope to meet up soon. 

  • Sacramento CA · Member since 2019 · 25 posts · 23 votes
    7y

    Hey Drew, welcome to BP!

    Let's connect, I am from Sacramento as well. 

  • Jonna WeberPro Member
    Moderator
    Investor · Boise, ID · Member since 2011 · 1k+ posts · 736 votes
    7y

    hi @Drew Tawlks - welcome from Boise!  Good for you selling in two states!  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.