New to Bigger Pockets here to learn and contribute what I can.

New to Bigger Pockets here to learn and contribute what I can.

Pensacola · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes

Hello Bigger Pocket! My name is Donn Milton, I'm currently a Lieutenant with the Fire Department in Pensacola Florida. I'm joining bigger pockets to research real-estate wholesaling with the eventual goal of getting into buying and holding properties and rehabbing. I'm currently most interested in the business side of things including LLC formation and how the calculate numbers accurately. If there are any members in the greater Pensacola area or even father, I'd love to meet and learn what I can.

2Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 307 votes
7y

Welcome Don!  The Pensacola area has a great group of investors and is a good place to invest.  Be sure to check out the professional investors guild that meets once per month, lots of wholesalers in that group that are open about what they do and happy to talk with you about it.  Quick Tip: Because this is a good market to invest in there are already quite a few wholesalers sending out a ton of mail.  Be sure you have a marketing plan that will make you stand out.  

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 307 votes
    7y

    Welcome Don!  The Pensacola area has a great group of investors and is a good place to invest.  Be sure to check out the professional investors guild that meets once per month, lots of wholesalers in that group that are open about what they do and happy to talk with you about it.  Quick Tip: Because this is a good market to invest in there are already quite a few wholesalers sending out a ton of mail.  Be sure you have a marketing plan that will make you stand out.  

  • Investor · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2014 · 538 posts · 432 votes
    7y

    @Donn Milton III Welcome, sir! You'll learn a lot here that you weren't even aware you didn't know. You'll win some and you'll lose some, and you'll grow. The community here is fantastic, you've come to the right place!

  • Pensacola · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    Thanks for the worm welcome Bryan and Matt!  My worst fear is that I wouldn't get any replies, thanks for not letting me go through that. Matt, I would love to find out more about the Professional Investors Guild. Is that a local thing? Do they have a website? Also, I've done a quick search for you both on LinkedIn so we can Link up there if you also use that platform. Thanks again for the replies.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    Hey there! I'm also new to the REI world and located in the Pensacola area, interested in starting with a few buy and holds. Wanted to jump in for more info on the Pensacola investors guild.

  • Real Estate Agent · Pensacola, FL · Member since 2014 · 379 posts · 307 votes
    7y

    @Donn Milton III yes, PIG(Pensacola Investors Guild) has a website and is on Facebook as well. Meets every second Tuesday of the month. Your first visit is free and then they ask that you join.

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    @Donn Milton III

    Welcome to the BP family! Great that you joined the site!

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Pensacola · Member since 2019 · 7 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Matt Jones I signed up on their website. Thanks for the reference.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.