Rental Property Investor · Shreveport, LA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 5 votes
Hi everyone, my name is Christina Howard and I'm a new real estate investor in Shreveport, LA. I found Bigger Pockets pretty quickly after starting my online research into real estate and rental properties, and have been diving in via the podcasts and ebooks to build up my education. Brandon and David are always saying to be active in the Bigger Pockets community on the podcast, so here I am!
I'm excited with a pinch of nervousness to start my investing journey. I'll be self-managing one buy and hold property with my partner within the next few months - the property is a single family home that my partner is moving out of and is looking to rent. Once that process is complete and I have my first tenants under my belt, I'm hoping to buy my first true property (hopefully via the BRRRR strategy).
If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.
If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.
This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.
Realtor · Shreveport, LA · Member since 2012 · 311 posts · 58 votes
7y
Hi Christina. Bigger Pockets is a great platform and I have been involved for many years.
The BRRRR strategy is truly a powerful way to grow a portfolio by acquiring undervalued assets, forcing appreciation and flipping the financing to keep your capital working/growing.