Newbie soon to be moving to Springfield Missouri

Newbie soon to be moving to Springfield Missouri

Real Estate Agent · Springfield MO · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote

Hey all,
Excited to be apart of bigger pockets! A friend from my current job had influenced me to look into becoming a real estate agent.  From there I got influenced by Rich Dad Poor Dad and various other youtubers.  I actually found this site by getting advice from a CPA online.  He recommended I check out the podcasts.

I did and I'm hooked! 

I've recently had to make a few life changing decisions like leaving my job of six years to move to another city.   This helped push me into doing the research of making my current home a rental income source.  I also hope to house hack when I get to Springfield by buying a duplex house.

I'm working on getting my real estate license by the end of July.  I'm mostly doing this for the knowledge and not the job. I'm mostly interested in long term investments and acquiring rental properties. I have already read Landlording on Autopilot!  Though I do need to sell a few houses to get rid of my bad debt from poor decisions I've made in the past...

Anyways, I'm excited to be here and excited to see what awaits me in Springfield.  I hope to meet and become friends with any Springfieldians that are on here. I hope to make friends on here from any location!  I'm currently an open book.  Not sure what job I will get when I get to town (I believe I still need a W-2 job to get approved for a home loan...), not sure where I'll be living, but I know what I want!

I'm always open to advice and suggestions. Thanks for having me here!

1Reply
18 views

Most Popular Reply

Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 17 votes
7y

when/where is the meet up in the springfield area?? 

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP Jonathan. Best of luck on the agent license. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to the BP family @Jonathan Lee ! Glad you joined the best real estate investing website! 

    Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best! 

  • Real Estate Agent · Springfield MO · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thank you @Michael S. !  I've already learned a ton from the agent course, fingers crossed I pass that test on the first run :) 

  • Real Estate Agent · Springfield MO · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thank you for the tips and links @Dmitriy Fomichenko !  Glad to be here :)

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Springfield, MO · Member since 2014 · 114 posts · 67 votes
    7y

    Hey @Jonathan Lee, welcome to Springfield! This is a great area for long term rentals, both SFR and Multi. There are a ton of active investors in the area and a great network to connect with. Let me know if I can help you in any way!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 712 votes
    7y

    There is a very active REIA group that meets live in Springfield and sometimes Branson.

  • Real Estate Agent · Springfield MO · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thank you for the welcome @Andrew Newlon !  I'm just counting down the days till I get all the way moved into town.  Looking forward to meeting everyone 

  • Real Estate Agent · Springfield MO · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    Thanks @Kim Tucker ! I'm definitely interested.  When I get to town I'd like to meet the group

  • Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Hey Jonathan, good to meet you! How long until you move out this way?

  • Real Estate Agent · Springfield MO · Member since 2019 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Jason Ross Nice to meet you too! I just signed the paperwork with a property manager on my home here in Jonesboro.  My first rental!  I've been doing the repainting, cleaning, and final repairs myself and should finish tomorrow. So soon! Hopefully be settled in Springfield by this weekend.

  • Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    Nice!  That's great, hopefully you can make it to some of the REI meeting.
  • Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    when/where is the meet up in the springfield area?? 

  • Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Martin Tyler - I posted in another thread, but it's the 3rd Thursday of each month.  The networking starts at 5:30. And it's located at the Hilton Garden Inn on Nature Center Way

  • Member since 2019 · 40 posts · 17 votes
    7y
    @Jason ross thank you very much. i'll make my way down there very soon!! is it in a community room or the lobby??
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.