Newbie from Tuscaloosa, Alabama

9 Replies

My name is Sam Key, and I am a senior at the University of Alabama majoring in Finance with a specialization in value investing (GPA: 4.0).

I was born and raised in Northwest Alabama, but plan to stay in the Tuscaloosa/Birmingham part of Alabama. I have no previous experience in investing in RE, but I plan on buying my first rental property while I finish up school. After college I would like to grow my portfolio of rental properties through a series of partnerships with other investors. Long-term I want to start my own construction company and use my experience in RE and raising funds to syndicate big commercial properties.

I found BiggerPockets through the podcast. I have been a long time subscriber to the podcast, but have never participated on the website until today. I look forward to being apart of this forum and building long-term relationships with likeminded individuals.

Thanks in advance for your advice and comments,

Sam Key  

Hey man, go talk to my best friend from High School -- Grant Holley. He goes to Bama now, and he helps me run my wholesaling and rental property investing business. Don't be afraid to start young - I started it 4 months ago when I was still 19 ... full time student and SEC football player. You can do it! 

Originally posted by @Will Clark :

Hey man, go talk to my best friend from High School -- Grant Holley. He goes to Bama now, and he helps me run my wholesaling and rental property investing business. Don't be afraid to start young - I started it 4 months ago when I was still 19 ... full time student and SEC football player. You can do it! 

Hey Will,

I am sorry I just now am seeing this. I have been caught up with applying to jobs, school, and family these last few months and have not had the chance to get on BP. Is there any chance I could get your friend's contact information? I'd love to talk with him and you about your experience and earn from you.

Thanks in advance,

Sam Key

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you