Aspiring investor from Howard County, Maryland

10 Replies

Hey BP Community,

I am a new investor but have joined BiggerPockets over 6 month ago. Since then I have been educating myself about real estate investing by reading books, listening to podcasts, attending webinars, searching the forums and analyzing properties. I am glad I found BP and I am eager to connect with others and go to the meetups. 

I am currently doing my research about where to buy in Maryland. My goal is to purchase buy and hold properties (single family homes preferred) by the end of 2019 that will generate cash flow but also appreciate some. I am willing to take moderate risk (maybe slightly higher) and I think Baltimore County seems to be my most favorable option for now. 

For now i will keep doing my research on the market and will be more active in the forums. 

Kareem

Promotion
PPR Note Company
Note Investing
Diversify your portfolio and get completely passive cashflow.
All without tenants, repairs, or vacancies - in a real-estate-backed investment fund.
Here's how.

Hi @Kareem Abdelazim , nice to meet you and welcome to the BP community. I am newbie to the site and REI world as well. Seems like we have similar goal excerpt, I am more lining towards buying and renting (turnkey). I'd love to connect. Good luck on your future endeavors.

Cheers,

Tom

Originally posted by @Kareem Abdelazim :

Hey @Christopher Bell...welcome to MD, i hope you find what you are looking for here. I posted a link below for the BWI meeting where they meet the first Monday of every month. It's good for networking and meeting other investors. I have never been there myself but i intend to go in August. I hope to see you there. 

https://www.meetup.com/BwiMeetup/events/bhnflpyzlbhb/

Kareem,

Thanks! I look forward to attending!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you