New Investor from London Ontario

10 Replies

Congratulations on your success so far! Real estate is a snowball. In a way I wish I'd taken advantage of the rent-a-room opportunity before I got completely sick of having roommates. Great way to bring your own cost of living down to little or nothing.

Great story @Jordan Clermont . My story is very similar; I bought my first house in Cambridge, Ontario and immediately rented our two rooms to friends that covered my mortgage. I then met my wife and we sold the home and moved to Port Stanley (35 mins from London). We quickly realized the upside in real estate from the sale in Cambridge and bought our first rental property (duplex) and now currently seeking more properties. Much like you this website has been extremely rewarding with hits resources that it has to offer. Enjoy!

Thanks for sharing your story.  I am working on writing a book about being an accidental investor.

I have invested by accident as opportunities jumped out to me.  And then I realized that if I focused on investing that the wealth I made by accident could be created by purpose.  Carry on with your focus!

Great story! The markets are so hot around the GTA that it’s very difficult to break even or generate positive monthly cash flow.

I’m starting my real estate journey and will be getting our first deal soon also!

I second that @Jordan Clermont,  with a light itch to own just one investment property, I found out about Biggerpockets few years ago and my life has never been the same since :)!  Today I was catching up on 3 podcats.

Best part?  I feel like I just got started (I hope the same for you :)

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you