Newbie investor from British Columbia, Canada

Newbie investor from British Columbia, Canada

Shuswap Lake, BC · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 5 votes

Hi BP!

My name is Jenner. I've been browsing the forums and reading blog posts for a few months, and it's now time for me to start actively engaging. 

I'm a stay-at-home mom living outside Salmon Arm, BC. My husband and I are both new to real estate investing and we are planning to use the BRRRR method. We've made a few offers in our local(ish) market, and even had one accepted, but walked away when we realized that it wasn't a good deal after all. We've now decided to abandon our idea of investing in Canada and have decided to refocus our efforts into the US, specifically Memphis, TN.

I look forward to networking and hopefully building some solid relationships through here. 

Thanks!

Jenner Birukow

0Reply
25 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 741 posts · 845 votes
7y

Hello @Jenner Birukow! Welcome to the BP community! I LOVE Memphis! I live here and invest here. I have a lot of contacts in the market and love helping new investors get started, so don't be shy, reach out anytime! Happy investing!

See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    7y

    Welcome to BP Jenner and best of luck investing!

  • Equity Raiser and Turnkey Provider · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y
    Originally posted by @Jenner Birukow:

    Hi BP!

    My name is Jenner. I've been browsing the forums and reading blog posts for a few months, and it's now time for me to start actively engaging. 

    I'm a stay-at-home mom living outside Salmon Arm, BC. My husband and I are both new to real estate investing and we are planning to use the BRRRR method. We've made a few offers in our local(ish) market, and even had one accepted, but walked away when we realized that it wasn't a good deal after all. We've now decided to abandon our idea of investing in Canada and have decided to refocus our efforts into the US, specifically Memphis, TN.

    I look forward to networking and hopefully building some solid relationships through here. 

    Thanks!

    Jenner Birukow

     Hello and welcome! Best of luck to you! 

  • Ken B.Pro Member
    yucca valley, CA · Member since 2015 · 77 posts · 33 votes
    7y

    @Jenner Birukow,

        Memphis is a great location and the people are very friendly. Used to go there after college when I worked for dept. of the army via pentagon (many years ago) as a programmer/analyst.

    BRRRR by far is my favorite approach and will serve you well in Memphis.

  • Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2013 · 741 posts · 845 votes
    7y

    Hello @Jenner Birukow! Welcome to the BP community! I LOVE Memphis! I live here and invest here. I have a lot of contacts in the market and love helping new investors get started, so don't be shy, reach out anytime! Happy investing!

  • Shuswap Lake, BC · Member since 2019 · 13 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    Thank you all so much!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.