Wanting to learn the ropes of real estate

Wanting to learn the ropes of real estate

Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 3 votes

Hello everyone I'm from the Detroit/ Mt. Clemens area & i want to pursue real estate ventures in pursuit of financial freedom so I can live comfortably post military I want to learn how diversify my income type & use the money to take care of my family.. any advice is much appreciated. Thank you.

1Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @Damone Hardy

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network. A lot of forum members are very knowledgeable in their respective fields related to real estate investing, whether that is real estate sales, wholesaling, flipping, rentals, lending, self-directed IRA and Solo 401k investing, or tax and legal guidance.

    The site has quite a few tools that can be helpful for new members. I like the search features: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search

    Alerts can be really helpful too: http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts

    There are a few self-contained guides that you can access here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/guides

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 3 votes
    7y

    @Justin Windham Thank you I just don't know where to start but I do know that this is a Avenue i want to pursue.

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2019 · 6 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    I'm just starting out like you. Probably I'm not in a place to give you advice but I'd like to share my thoughts that I got from a couple books and podcasts. I think top 3 things to obtain first are debt free or only necessary debt, lowering your living costs like rent and unnecessary spendings, and getting some cash stored for later. Now, usually once you start budget and start saving, you automatically can pay off your things quickly and once you figure out how to rent a place cheaper(house hacking), your cash pile will get bigger even quicklier. If you have no cash, experience and knowledge then chances are lower for you to get to where you want but not impossible of course. Gotta start reading and learning and networking for sure while saving cash. It will take a few months, maybe a year to but you will be able have a pretty good start I think if things work out.

    Best of luck 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.