Realtor and Newbie from North Bay Area (San Francisco - CA)

2 Replies

Hey fellow BP members! I'm Robby Dearth, I'm a rookie Realtor from Santa Rosa, California.

I got into real estate after spending 15 years running a landscape design and installation company - I currently manage a Landscape Materials Supply Store (bulk rock, boulders, pavers etc..). Real Estate is part-time for me, but I'm slowly working my way into the industry as I start working with buyer clients. I have my Bachelor's in Business Administration (Marketing). On the personal side, I have a beautiful two-year old daughter and my amazing wife is 8 months pregnant with another girl, I love being a dad!

I'd like to get into real estate investing because it fascinates me, I love running numbers and previewing houses. While I'd really enjoy having financial independence, I'm more interested in creating a portfolio and business that I can pass on to my girls. 

I mainly came to the BP forums to ask for advice on what investors will be looking for in an agent - especially in a higher-end market like the greater SF bay area. If anyone (investors) here can help with any pointers of how I can be of value on the site, I'd love to be able to cater my skills and grow my career - I'm guessing I should start looking at the marketplace, but I just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I look forward to interacting with all of you and helping to grow this amazing community and knowledge base!

Welcome. I’m a realtor in Santa Rosa and real estate investor. Unfortunately, my rentals are mostly out of state or in Sacramento so I wouldn’t be able to help you with SF but I’m always down to bounce ideas. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you