Newbie real estate investor From Chicago, IL

2 Replies

Not sure how I got here one min I was reading Rich dad poor dad and its as if "agent Smith" (matrix) himself plunged his hand in my head and changed my way of thinking. The next thing I know I'm looking for possible assets in my search I found Brandon's book Investing in rental property another life-changing book. which lead me here I attended a free seminar and I'm currently in the final process of closing on 2 flat apartment I'm pretty handy but I'm very green when it comes to landlord and just real estate investing, in general, any help is greatly appreciated I look forward to great in-depth conversation with the community  and hopeful new partners and or friends. No current properties wanting to learn about rental and becoming a contractor or DIY for my investments.

Welcome! I haven't started much but I'm interested in tracking your progress since I'm working down the path toward REI soon. It'll be nice to see how another newbie gets results.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you