New Real Estate Investor- Washington, DC Area

New Real Estate Investor- Washington, DC Area

Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2008 · 103 posts · 2 votes

Hi,

I am a new Real Estate Investor in the Washington DC Metro area and I am looking for a Mentor. I have the drive and determination to learn and do well in the business. I just need a mentor that is willing to offer guidance and teach me the ropes. Also if anyone knows of great mentorship programs in the area, please share.

Thanks,

Knowledge

0Reply
9 views

8 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2008 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    Knowledge,

    I'm also a new investor in the DC area; welcome to the board. You'll find a wealth of information and lively discussion here at Bigger Pockets. Pretty much any subject matter that you need information or real-world advise on, you can find here, especially in the archives.

    In looking for a mentor, I'd suggest going to one of the local REIA meetings. I would highly recommend DCCMREIG, which I'm a part of. I'm currently being mentored by one of the founders of the group.

  • Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2008 · 103 posts · 2 votes
    19y

    Thanks for the response. I agree with you; the DCCMREIG is a great place to network. I am apart of that group. Maybe we will meet in person in the near future. Are you specializing in one particular technique? (rehabbing, etc.) Are you currently working on any deals? I look forward to continuing to chat with you.

    Thanks again,

    Knowledge

  • Member since 2008 · 664 posts · 18 votes
    19y

    Hello knowledge,

    Let me add my word of welcome to the forum.

    We're glad you're here.

  • Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2008 · 103 posts · 2 votes
    19y

    Thanks for the welcome Wesley! I appreciate it!!!

    Have a blessed weekend!!!

  • Member since 2008 · 15 posts · 0 votes
    19y

    Knowledge,

    I'm currently working on an apartment rehab in Baltimore, as well as concentrating on some purchases in PG County. My strategy is to buy/rehab/hold for those areas that are slated for revitalization by the local governments.

  • Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2008 · 103 posts · 2 votes
    19y

    Thanks for your response. I would like to chat with you in more detail and will send you a PM.

    Take care,

    Knowledge

  • Real Estate Consultant · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2008 · 223 posts · 1 vote
    19y

    Welcome to the forum D.C. hows the weather?

  • Real Estate Investor · MD · Member since 2008 · 103 posts · 2 votes
    19y

    Thanks for the welcome! It's freezing in DC....but no complaints. It is a good excuse to have a nice cup of hot chocolate!!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.