19 years old what job will benefit me most before investing

1 Reply

Hello I am 19 years old and I am interested in real estate investing. What is the best way to get started for a newbie? Also, I am currently in college and am trying to pick a major and job that will benefit me most when I do begin real estate some time in the future. Would it be better to be a financial planner where I make more money and understand wealth management or would it be better to be a real estate agent where I build more knowledge, but make less money?

Hello and welcome to Biggerpockets!! Nice to meet you. Good luck going forward!! I say get a degree that makes you happy. You can learn anything if you desire it. And most of what you learn about RE investing comes from school of hard knocks. Your day jobs pays for that education. Use college to learn the fundamentals.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here