New from California Real Estate Investing

6 Replies

I am a new member living in Californaia.  New to investing in Real Estate, however, I have bought a few houses over the last 12 years. But they were primary.  So I understand the basics.  Never bought an investment property before and looking to jump in soon.  Been researching the RE industry for about 3 years now.  I think it's time to take action.

I hope I can find some good information and hopefully start this chapter in life on the right foot.   

@Rohme Williams Rohme, just remember that you make your money on the buy. If you still own the houses, you may think about 1031 exchanging the funds into your targeted property, depending on how long you lived in the homes and at what times. BiggerPockets will certainly be a good resource. I certainly don't know of anywhere else where you can connect with highly sophisticated professionals and engage in open debate on a topic of your choice for free!

Welcome to the RE investing club !! I would say, Pick an area, find good lists of motivated sellers, Market daily and Never give up ! the great deals come up ONLY after you have put in the time. I would recommend to get some great audio books and youtube, or Biggerpockets everything you need to learn. 

Then just get out there and start submitting offers $$

good Luck !

Welcome to BP, @Rohme Williams . Congratulations, you have found one of the most valuable free resources on the internet for real estate investors new and old. We are happy to help you in any way we can.

Originally posted by @Rohme Williams :

I am a new member living in Californaia.  New to investing in Real Estate, however, I have bought a few houses over the last 12 years. But they were primary.  So I understand the basics.  Never bought an investment property before and looking to jump in soon.  Been researching the RE industry for about 3 years now.  I think it's time to take action.

I hope I can find some good information and hopefully start this chapter in life on the right foot.   

You can always start with a Turnkey in Arizona, California is a bit pricey for investing, so I read from folks in CA

So, Decide which kind of investor you want to be (SFR, Commercial, Land, Tax Liens, Passive, HML, Multi-Family, Notes, Fix & Flip, Buy & Hold, "Subject To", apartments, duplexes, assisted living, REOs, Foreclosures, Short Sales), etc. Decide how much money you have access to, & the zip codes, city or state you want to focus on. That will determine the next step. Outline where you want to be in five years. Put it all in writing. Start working your plan. There are plenty of people around to help you each step of the way.

Here is a sample:

Average Turnkey Cash Flow Per Door In Phoenix Metro Area No Bank Financing Needed

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/600/topics/584916-average-cash-flow-per-door-in-phoenix-metro-area

Originally posted by @Rohme Williams :

Welcome to the site Rohme

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here