1st Post on BP - Farming the Metro Detroit Area

1st Post on BP - Farming the Metro Detroit Area

Everett CovachaPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Detroit MI, USA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello Everyone,

My name is Everett - my 1st post here on the forums, but, have been lurking for a couple months (I know I should have posted when I first joined).  I am a buy and hold investor currently looking in northern Metro Detroit area.  

Current philosophy - find properties with multiple exit strategies, but, mainly looking for long term SFH and small MF rentals that meet 1%/greater rule. Get my builder's license and later on my RE license.

Long-term goals - acquire enough mortgage free properties (eventually) to be financially independent and have more options. Also, look into note investing and/or commercial real estate for additional streams of income.

My preparation so far - BP RE Podcasts (Complete). BP Money Podcasts (1 more week). BP Business and other RE Podcasts (Pending).  BP Webinars (ongoing).  Business and RE books (ongoing).  RE articles (ongoing).  Local REIAs (pending).  1-on-1 with other investors (ongoing).  Doing anything I can to learn about RE (ongoing).

 I like networking and learning with others and I want to provide value to the experienced investors whenever possible.

That is pretty much me and I look forward to learning more.

0Reply
17 views

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Detroit, MI · Member since 2017 · 57 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    @Everett Covacha welcome! You should check out Renegade Detroit’s monthly meet up. It’s the first Tuesday of the month. Check them out on Facebook. They have an “Ask Me Anything” event monthly where you could go and ask questions to other investors and realtors.

  • Real Estate Broker · Detroit, MI · Member since 2014 · 384 posts · 149 votes
    6y

    @Everett Covacha welcome to BP and to REI. I'm in metro Detroit and have tons of resources in this area. Feel free to reach out if you need anything.

  • Everett CovachaPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Detroit MI, USA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Salliece McCain - thank you.  Actually I am already a part of their FB group.  Plus their podcasts are pretty informative.  That is one of the meetings I plan on attending for December.  I will see you at Shield's Pizza then in December.

  • Everett CovachaPro Member
    OP
    Rental Property Investor · Detroit MI, USA · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Jabari,

    If we connect later on let me know.

    Thanks

  • Real Estate Consultant · Rochester, MI · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    Hi Everett, welcome! I'm an agent/investor in Oakland and Macomb counties, based out of Rochester. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. I plan on going to Shields and hope to see you there. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.