1st Post on BP - Farming the Metro Detroit Area

6 Replies

Hello Everyone,

My name is Everett - my 1st post here on the forums, but, have been lurking for a couple months (I know I should have posted when I first joined).  I am a buy and hold investor currently looking in northern Metro Detroit area.  

Current philosophy - find properties with multiple exit strategies, but, mainly looking for long term SFH and small MF rentals that meet 1%/greater rule. Get my builder's license and later on my RE license.

Long-term goals - acquire enough mortgage free properties (eventually) to be financially independent and have more options. Also, look into note investing and/or commercial real estate for additional streams of income.

My preparation so far - BP RE Podcasts (Complete). BP Money Podcasts (1 more week). BP Business and other RE Podcasts (Pending).  BP Webinars (ongoing).  Business and RE books (ongoing).  RE articles (ongoing).  Local REIAs (pending).  1-on-1 with other investors (ongoing).  Doing anything I can to learn about RE (ongoing).

I like networking and learning with others and I want to provide value to the experienced investors whenever possible.

That is pretty much me and I look forward to learning more.

@Everett Covacha welcome! You should check out Renegade Detroit’s monthly meet up. It’s the first Tuesday of the month. Check them out on Facebook. They have an “Ask Me Anything” event monthly where you could go and ask questions to other investors and realtors.

@Salliece McCain - thank you.  Actually I am already a part of their FB group.  Plus their podcasts are pretty informative.  That is one of the meetings I plan on attending for December.  I will see you at Shield's Pizza then in December.

Hi Everett, welcome! I'm an agent/investor in Oakland and Macomb counties, based out of Rochester. Please let me know if I can help you in any way. I plan on going to Shields and hope to see you there. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you