STARTING A MONTREAL BP MEETUP

STARTING A MONTREAL BP MEETUP

Rental Property Investor · Montreal · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 8 votes

Hello all,

I am a young, passionate and experienced real estate investor :) Pleasure to virtually meet you all.

Is it just me or are all the MTL meetups inactive or too expensive?

I am interested in starting a Montreal BP Meetup and curious to see the amount of people who would be welcome to the idea.

Please leave your comments :)

2Reply
76 views

Most Popular Reply

Philippe LaurinPro Member
Rental Property Investor · Laval, Quebec · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 44 votes
6y

Hi @Alessandro C., there's a number of meetups organized by different organizations (CIIQ, Immofacile, etc) unrelated to BP, most of them do charge an entrance fee (usually 20$), though some of them are free (Mordus de l'immobilier, Pros de l'immo).

You can post an event on BP, just make sure to not include "BP" in the name of the event because the moderators will delete your event. I know because it happened to me :)

See this reply in the discussion

20 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Yes I an very interested! We could start one on meet up .com, unless theres a function to do it here! I am new to the city and investment properties, but I have put an offer on my first one and I am extremely eager to get active in this industry. I have so much to learn and so much passion for this. I would love to shadow someone or even jsut help them out somehow. Meet ups are a great idea where we could all benefit! 

  • Philippe LaurinPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Laval, Quebec · Member since 2014 · 104 posts · 44 votes
    6y

    Hi @Alessandro C., there's a number of meetups organized by different organizations (CIIQ, Immofacile, etc) unrelated to BP, most of them do charge an entrance fee (usually 20$), though some of them are free (Mordus de l'immobilier, Pros de l'immo).

    You can post an event on BP, just make sure to not include "BP" in the name of the event because the moderators will delete your event. I know because it happened to me :)

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal · Member since 2018 · 24 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Alexandra Hollenbeck

    Thanks for your input. 

    @Philippe Laurin

    Thanks. I'll leave this post up and see how many more Montrealers comment :) 


    What is your experience with those events? Did you enjoy them? A lot of networking opportunities? Informative? Geared toward beginners/advanced RE investors? Insight obtained was able to be applied practically?

    I envision an event created through here being oriented toward true beginners. A place where newbies (including myself) can network and discover other newbies. Although informative, my experience with the events you had mentioned incorporated individuals perhaps a little too advanced for the average intrigued newbie to relate to.

    BTW I sent you both of you a "connect" request. 

  • Montreal, QC · Member since 2018 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    I'd be interested :)

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    6y

    @Alessandro C., you can discuss starting a meetup in these forums, but any announcement of a meetup must be posted in the Events Forum only.

    And @Philippe Laurin is correct, you cannot call it a BP or BiggerPockets Meetup, because that implies that we sponsor or endorse it.

  • Realtor · Montreal, QC · Member since 2019 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I'm Interested

  • Investor · Montreal, QC · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    6y
    Originally posted by @Alessandro C.:

    I am interested in starting a Montreal BP Meetup and curious to see the amount of people who would be welcome to the idea.

    I'm interested as well. It will be great to meet other real-estate investors. Please start a Meetup if you can.

  • Chateauguay, qc · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I'm very interested.

  • Investor · Canada and U.S. · Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    I would be very interested :)

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 21 posts · 6 votes
    6y

    interested 

  • Montreal, Québec · Member since 2016 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Let's do it. Am excited and can't wait to meet RE like minded people like you guys. What about this month (January)?

  • Rental Property Investor · Montreal, QC · Member since 2018 · 47 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Alessandro C. I'm down would even help out I have been noticing the same lack of real estate meet ups let's get something going.

  • Investor · Montreal, QC · Member since 2019 · 128 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    @Alessandro C. I've organized a Meetup in February. Please message for the details, as BP won't let me advertise the link. Looking forward to seeing you all there

  • Member since 2019 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Very interested! Let's make it happen!

  • Montreal, Montreal · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    Heys guys

    Is the Montreal Meetup still active?

    AC

  • Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    3y
    Hey! 

    I’d be up to starting it up again if it isn’t.

    Quote from @Antonio Cordeiro:

    Heys guys

    Is the Montreal Meetup still active?

    AC


  • Montreal, Montreal · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    What part of the city are you in?

    I am in the West...Island

  • Montreal, Montreal · Member since 2013 · 10 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    Hi Gerry,

    I am in the process of a project in NY.

    The Montreal meet up you had in mind was for local properties or diving into the US market?

    A

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.