Votes
Bryan Darge
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
New Member out of Chicago

Bryan Darge
  • Chicago, IL
Posted Nov 29 2019, 14:56

Hello everyone I am out of the Chicago-land area and am excited to start investing in 2020.  I am selling a single family rental next year and from that I will have a good size down payment for a great multi-family.  I have a family member that wants to go in with me so I need to make a great decision for our first investment.

I am happily married with 2 1/2 kids, as we are expecting in late May 2020.  I am 50 (yes younger wife!!) and want to retire replacing my current salary+ by the time I am 59.  

The current single family rental was my house for which I could not find a buyer in time to close on my current house so I just rented it out.  Which worked out well however with the new tax law I have to sell by eoy 2020 or get hit with a 15% tax when I do sell it.  It is renting at a loss but has sufficient equity to sell.

Looking to get into large multi-family property.  Looking forward to learning about the financing aspect of all of this.  Right now that is my biggest uncertainty but am learning as I go along.  

Very excited to be here and learn from everyone!!

I hope this post is in-line with forum expectations for the intro portion.  Moderators be merciful! :)

Loading replies...