• Around the world (and Denmark)
Votes |
Newbie seeking advice on RE investering while living abroad

Lars Horsbol
  • New to Real Estate
  • Around the world (and Denmark)
Posted Nov 30 2019, 11:08

Hello dear BP community!

I am a young Danish man new to real estate investing. I have been reading a ton of books, taken an excellent course on real estate investing at UNC Chapel Hill and been following the BP Podcast for some time.

I expect to make my first investment in 2020 as I have managed to save up a bit of cash here while taking my masters degree in Business Analytics here in Barcelona, Spain.

My plan has been to start investing after July 2020 as I expected to return to Denmark and thus be on ground making it easier to invest. However, I have signed with a management consultancy and asked to go to Singapore (and maybe also Dubai) for a great start to my career and low taxes (unlike in Denmark as you may know).

Despite being very happy with the upcoming job, I am a bit frustrated because I think working abroad will be a hurdle to my RE investment career in the sense that I will have both limited time (crazy work hours) and be geographically far away from the market I know best and have a great network within (Denmark).

I think what I really need is to hear from someone who manages to invest in RE while living abroad or far away from the targeted market. Am I doomed or can it be done?

Loading replies...