How should I go about looking for a Mentor for buy and Hold

How should I go about looking for a Mentor for buy and Hold

New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 3 votes

Hey I’m a newbie and been reading books and things of that nature how should I go about looking and asking for a mentor to guide me in the right direction

0Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Property Manager · Zurich, Switzerland · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 5 votes
6y

In my case I just stumbled accross two people with real estate experience: both neighbours. One advantage of living in good neighbourhoods. A bit like how the two guys got an ISDA in the movie "The big short"

Strictly speaking they're not mentors, but now and then I get a push in the "right direction".

So, although hanging out at places with more successful people helps, it's not always a guarantee to find someone though, sometimes there are some dodgy characters there too :)

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Broker · Forney, TX · Member since 2019 · 1k+ posts · 399 votes
    6y

    Welcome to BiggerPockets! Truly nice to meet you. Good luck going forward! 😁 Research possible mentor and see how you can help them.  You asking them for help is really asking them to add a task to their list. Take task off there list.  Hope the best for you going forward! 

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Anthoney Hanks thank you so much I appreciate it

  • Property Manager · Zurich, Switzerland · Member since 2019 · 28 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    In my case I just stumbled accross two people with real estate experience: both neighbours. One advantage of living in good neighbourhoods. A bit like how the two guys got an ISDA in the movie "The big short"

    Strictly speaking they're not mentors, but now and then I get a push in the "right direction".

    So, although hanging out at places with more successful people helps, it's not always a guarantee to find someone though, sometimes there are some dodgy characters there too :)

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Matthew Song Loong appreciate it ✊🏽

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @David Beasley

    hi David, I am new to real estate as well. I am from the Houston area. Currently I work for a family owned management company. I manage around 1800 units. Our company specializes in buying distressed apartments and cleaning it up. I am still learning and have a lot to learn, but if you ever want to link up I can share with you the knowledge I have acquired so far. Best regards.

  • New to Real Estate · Dallas, TX · Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    @Arslan Jumayev yes that would be great to meet or even talk over the phone I’m all for learning and connecting more everyday

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.