• New to Real Estate
  • Silver Spring, MD
Votes |
New Investor Located in Maryland

Brandon Smith
  • New to Real Estate
  • Silver Spring, MD
Posted Dec 3 2019, 15:21

Hello everyone! I"m a 23 year old who recently graduated from college and is already sick of the "real world". I graduated from PSU in May of 2019 and landed a Civil Engineering job in Windsor Mill, MD in August. I moved to Silver Spring, MD with my girlfriend who also graduated in May, and who has a job in Frederick, MD. Yes, I know, not the smartest idea moving to a more expensive area - but we're young and wanted to live close to D.C.! 

I've always found an interest in ways I can use money to make money. I actually credit my initial interest in money making to a video game I played when I was maybe 12. I've known for a while that real estate is a solid method of producing passive income, but have never acted on it until now. 

My commute from Silver Spring to Windsor Mill typically takes an hour each way, so I take advantage of the time and attend the Education on Wheels University. If I don't listen to the BP Real Estate podcast, I'll listen to a book about real estate investing they've recommended. Or call my mom and see how she's doing... 

My main interest right now is House Hacking. I'm hoping to implement the hack by July of 2020 - when my lease runs out in Silver Spring. I'm interested in Duplexes, Triplexes, Quads, and other ideas anyone has! I've been saving as much of my income as I can each month. Thankfully I have no credit card debt to pay off, and my college student loans are low (relative to the national average, that is). 

All in all, I'm really looking to get more involved in real estate than just listening to the podcasts and doing research on my own. I'm great at finding ways to create systems, I work well with spreadsheets, and I am very precise when it comes to dealing with numbers. If anyone has something that I could help with, let me know! I look forward to meeting up with those of you on the forums!

Loading replies...