New to Real Estate · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 1 vote
I should have done this a long time ago but there's no time like the present. I'm interested in getting into investment property and getting the best tax shelter out of it that I can. I've heard of using IRA money to hold investments. I have plenty I can move from a IRA already funded. Looking to educate myself on that more. I'm not closed to doing it outside of those confines though. My primary residence is paid off and I have a IRA and 401k I can borrow from to start this endeavor. Looking forward to getting to buying a property once a year eventually.
Business Consultant · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 6 posts · 0 votes
6y
Congrats on being in the no mortgage club! Yes, I say go for it. Im learning more on the subject myself,as I would like to bring affordable luxury housing to more people. I built my family home,not wanting a mortgage. I pulled permits and did most of the work. You would be suprise how much money you can save by being your own equity investor...Are you the handy type? However Qualified accounts may not allow you to provide your own labor, im not sure on that....Again congrats and happy investing!