Newbie...Researching and Learning in the Eastern Panhandle of WV

Newbie...Researching and Learning in the Eastern Panhandle of WV

New to Real Estate · Charles Town, WV · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 11 votes

Brand new to RE, but I'm ready to firmly plant my feet and begin moving forward. About 5 years ago, we (my wife and I) really took control of our finances and I worked relentlessly to understand our avenues for retirement and savings. Now, I'm at a point that I'm tired of watching others grow successful businesses/investments while I sit on the sidelines, afraid to use my hard earned money to do the same! 

I randomly stopped by Barnes and Noble the other day and found Josh and Brandon's book, "How to Invest in Real Estate". I haven't been able to put it down! The early pages of the book led to this website and the podcast...which has been great, since I have an hour commute each way to/from work. I'm a career fire/paramedic Lieutenant, coming up on 18 years in the fire service. My additional duties include teaching/instructing, and I greatly enjoy the learning process. 

I'm swallowing any pride and letting go of my ego to do what it takes to learn how to move forward...so....here we go!

0Reply
23 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kingsland, TX · Member since 2018 · 164 posts · 86 votes
    6y

    Welcome to the BiggerPockets community! Do you know which strategies (BRRRR, flip, house hack, etc) you are most interested in?

  • New to Real Estate · Charles Town, WV · Member since 2020 · 13 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Lauren Juarez I’m forcing myself to keep an open mind throughout this first book, but I have an early lean towards buy and hold/rental properties, maybe? I’m going to sit down and brainstorm some things soon, but I would really like my overall model to be multi-faceted.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.