NEW INVESTOR - NEW LONDON COUNTY, CT

NEW INVESTOR - NEW LONDON COUNTY, CT

Homeowner · Parkersburg · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 2 votes

I'm readying "The Book on Rental Property Investing" by Brandon Turner right now and have a couple of other books in the queue.  I will be attending my third Bigger Pockets webinar on Thursday.   I follow Bigger Pockets and one or two other real estate investors on You Tube.  

Question: there is a Home Show scheduled here in SECT from 2/21 through 2/23 that I can get free tickets for.  Am I likely to meet contractors or other investors in these types of events?

0Reply
11 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Greenwich, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    Is this the show you're considering, @Charlie Magnan? If so, it's consumer focused and I wouldn't go with high expectations.

  • Homeowner · Parkersburg · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Jaysen Medhurst, yes it is.  Thank you for the feedback!

  • Property Manager · Groton, CT · Member since 2017 · 130 posts · 81 votes
    6y

    hi @Charlie Magnan !  Welcome to BP. Norwich has a Landlord meeting at Dime bank once a month and @Mat O'Grady heads up a BP investors meeting he coordinates once a month.  That's a great place to meet local investors.  As far as contractors, what type are you looking for?  I can help you with a list and I know Mat and the group created a vetted list of trusted folks for contractors in the area that would be a great start as well.

    What are your goals? Why kinda of REI do you want to do?

  • Homeowner · Parkersburg · Member since 2020 · 16 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @David Wolber for the Landlord meeting info - I'll see when the next meeting is.  

    For contractors, I'm looking to locate reputable full service and specialty (plumbing, electrical, etc.)
    companies.  

    My goal is to have $5,000 per month in cash flow by 12/31/26 to supplement my (future) retirement.  I plan to meet that by buying and holding mostly multi-family units, but I won't turn away single family.  I will initially look locally and branch out to other areas once I have a couple under my belt.  

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.