BRRRR Partnership Cash Provider

BRRRR Partnership Cash Provider

Rental Property Investor · Columbia, MD · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 9 votes

Hey BiggerPockets, I have been debating back and forth of whether I should BRRRR myself or if I should be a Cash Provider?

I have seen posts of people saying it is some what difficult to BRRRR successfully if you are busy all the time and looking to invest out of state.

Would it make more sense to become a cash provider if I work a full time job, have a good amount of cash saved up and have an excellent credit score with minimal debt?

0Reply
10 views

Most Popular Reply

Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
Moderator
Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
6y

@Marcus Palm

I personally do not recommend renovating from afar if you also have a 9-5. It is extremely difficult and risky. You definitely would want to go to the property and meet the contractor and also have someone else managing it for you with boots on the ground. While it can be done and many do it, it’s not easy, stressful and risky. If you have the cash to be a private lender I would do that all day long.

Just my 2 cents and opinions will vary of course based on individual needs and experience

7e investments53 Reviews
See this reply in the discussion

5 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Chris SeveneyBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Investor · VA · Member since 2015 · 21k+ posts · 19k+ votes
    6y

    @Marcus Palm

    I personally do not recommend renovating from afar if you also have a 9-5. It is extremely difficult and risky. You definitely would want to go to the property and meet the contractor and also have someone else managing it for you with boots on the ground. While it can be done and many do it, it’s not easy, stressful and risky. If you have the cash to be a private lender I would do that all day long.

    Just my 2 cents and opinions will vary of course based on individual needs and experience

    7e investments53 Reviews
  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Marcus Palm

    You can do both but I agree with @Chris Seveney it can be stressful.  You’ll need a great contractor you can trust.  You’ll still need to keep on top of things to insure your on budget and the quality of work is acceptable to you.  I have done both of these.  Private lending is totally passive, buy you still need to analyze the deal to make sure it works.  I have been a private lender as well.  Analyze and protect your interest.  Your investing in your investor as much as the investment.  It requires trust. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, MD · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Chris Seveney and @Kenneth Garrett If I was looking to take the private lender route, what recommendations do you have for finding a deal provider?

  • Kenneth GarrettPro Member
    Investor · Florida Panhandle/Illinois · Member since 2016 · 4k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    6y

    @Marcus Palm

    Attend REIA meetings and meetups to meet people. You can find them on BP as well, but you'll need to vet them. You'll need to build a relationship with people to feel you have a trustworthy individual. It also depends on if your looking at doing short term lending or long term. SFH for flips or BRRRR projects are short term. Investing in syndications is long term up to 5 years typically.

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbia, MD · Member since 2016 · 19 posts · 9 votes
    6y

    @Kenneth Garrett Understood! Thanks for your help!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.