Money when it comes to investing

Money when it comes to investing

Mount Vernon, NY · Member since 2020 · 75 posts · 5 votes

Should I create a second bank account for my rental money to go into or should I just use my current bank account for all the money that's coming in ?

0Reply
124 views

Most Popular Reply

Tommy AdeoyePro Member
Investor · Member since 2020 · 164 posts · 87 votes
6y

@Brad Haughton  Although not in the same domain, there is a design principle called "Separation of concern" in the world of software engineering. This principle simply supports for separating a computer program into distinct sections such that each section addresses a separate concern.

Keeping your RE investment finances apart from your personal finances may be beneficial. Within your investment account, you may need to further consider 2 separate accounts - one for income and the other for expenses.  

It shows some degree of professionalism IMHO. 

See this reply in the discussion

28 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Laurel, MD · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 36 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Brad Haughton:

    @Danielle Gray I plan on getting more properties I just want to figure out how to get my foot into investing in Real Estate

    Then definitely treat this one as you would a business from the start. Learn everything you can so when you decide to finally use a property management company you know what they should know. You also don't want to have to change and readjust everything once you begin purchasing more property. There are business checking accounts that are in favor of small businesses. Do research for banks in your area as well as online ones. If going with a brick and mortar location, speak with a branch manager in regards to your goals and how they can be of best service to you. 

  • Mount Vernon, NY · Member since 2020 · 75 posts · 5 votes
    6y

    @Danielle Gray how do I get into real estate with no money down since I have no money at all

  • Realtor · Laurel, MD · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 36 votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Brad Haughton:

    @Danielle Gray how do I get into real estate with no money down since I have no money at all

    I highly recommend you pick up Brandon's book on investing with no or low money down.

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.