Meet Up In Newark/ East Orange/ Irvington?

6 Replies

Hey Everyone! I am new to Newark (originally from NYC) and have been getting used to the area. I am a first-time investor (offer is currently being looked at, but the market is hot!), but would love to meet up, learn, strategize about next moves, and just create that local community. Although I am merely trying to invest, I do want to actively give back to this community as well since I have been thinking a lot about Generation Wealth. I see that the Mayor is having a virtual townhall this week about city-owned property this Thursday (Auction is the 27th).

Welcome to my hometown Newark! 

I'll also be joining and listening in to see what the major has to say I myself am looking to invest but I'm having issues find a realtor to work with and the one's I've dealt with haven't been so good, as for a meetup I don't see they take place much after Covid everything been online. 

What are you goals? and where are you interested investing?

I'm a wholesaler in the area and would love to help you in anyway especially finding you deals.  what type of investments are you looking to get into, single family, commercial, etc?  I'll send you whatever you are looking for. 

Originally posted by @Jeiby V. :

Welcome to my hometown Newark! 

I'll also be joining and listening in to see what the major has to say I myself am looking to invest but I'm having issues find a realtor to work with and the one's I've dealt with haven't been so good, as for a meetup I don't see they take place much after Covid everything been online. 

What are you goals? and where are you interested investing?

Thank you for the warm Welcome! I am currently work with two really reliable and patient realtors. I can give you their contact if you DM me. My goal is to get this Multifamily to house hack and then from there... either a FLIP or a BRRRR. I am looking at Newark/ East Orange/ Irvington. What about you?

Thanks @Joseph Gordon I'll shoot you a DM, I'm targeting Newark first since I live here but I'm interested in Elizabeth, North Newark and certain parts of East Orange. I really would like to do a flip using the hard money and private I have, but I can do a FHA or 203K with no problem. Not sure if you're aware the city of newark currently have grants for those that choose to go the FHA route they are providing Down payment assistance and other things.

Thanks @Jodie Fae the the request BTW but I have to ask since your a wholesaler are these properties you have under contract? meaning you currently control directly with the seller, I started wholesaling and a lot of time people would say they have properties and it's recycled.

this happened to me with all the deals I had, I had direct contact with the sellers and other wholesales would market my properties to my own buyers at a higher price lol 

I either lock them up with the owner or i have a private lender that sends me deals that the borrower is looking to get out of.  I have, but don't really like to sell the deal unless i have a full understanding of the property.  I believe a good wholesaler is someone that you can rely on from the start.  If you have time come to the NY/NJ/PA
Real Estate Investment Networking   we meet every Tuesday at 10:00 come and check this group out you learn and network with some locals and share information.   Here is the link via zoom come join today at 10:00a.m.
zoom.us/j/817822016

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you