New Investor in Saint Louis, Missouri

New Investor in Saint Louis, Missouri

Member since 2020 · 4 posts · 1 vote

Hello BiggerPockets community!

I'm new to both St Louis and to real estate investing. I would like to use the BRRRR method to buy a series of rental properties in the coming years. I am a software developer by day and I work from home.

My goals are to increase monthly cash flow and build a portfolio of investments that will continue the cash flow through retirement. I would like to start with 1 property next year and continue to build upon that experience until I am up to 3 additional properties a year. Right now I am looking for properties to invest that I can buy and rehab for 80k or less and rent and refinance after.

I don't have a team yet but it's the first thing I am working on. I am friends with someone who rents and self manages existing rental properties in the greater St. Louis area. I may be using them as a property manager but I am not comfortable mixing business and friendship at this stage.

Thanks in advance!

-Ken Gilb

0Reply
30 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2018 · 191 posts · 247 votes
    6y

    Hi Ken! Were you asking about how to build a team? I generally recommend just finding a good property manager and a few contractors that come recommended. This is assuming you've picked your market and narrowed in on the zips/neighborhoods you want to focus on. 


    From there, you want to focus on LEAD GEN, because the name of the game right now is finding good deals, and you typically won't find them on the MLS and will have to do direct to seller marketing.

  • Lender · Colorado, Missouri & Alabama · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 16 votes
    6y

    Welcome to the Team! Reach out if you could use the help of another fellow "Mule" from the Show me State!  Creating strategic alliances will be the most valuable asset to your continued success!

  • Peter MacKercherBusiness Member
    Residential Real Estate Broker · Saint Louis, MO · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 567 votes
    6y

    We do this all the time for ourselves as well as clients. I sent you a pm to set up a time to chat. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.