Calling all RE Investors in San Antonio, Tx

Calling all RE Investors in San Antonio, Tx

Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 18 votes

I'm a realtor and general handyman in San Antonio seeking a full-time commitment to work alongside - and add value to - a real estate investor or firm who has exhibited a fair amount of success with house flipping and/or operating rental property in the San Antonio metropolitan area.

Expected Duties

  1. Daily MLS search to maintain a pipeline of new and upcoming projects.
  2. Attending Real Estate Owned/Foreclosure auctions as an agent for the employer.
  3. Financial underwriting and rehab estimation.
  4. Brokering the purchase of deals.
  5. Filing construction permits with Bexar County and the City of San Antonio.
  6. Contractor scheduling and management for property rehab/rebuilding projects.
  7. Listing and marketing of property for rent, seller-financing, or cash sale.
  8. Qualifying tenants and facilitate their moving in and out.
  9. Maintaining and improving rental properties in accordance with company objectives.
  10. Personal maintenance and handywork of Rentals. (No electrical, plumbing or HVAC)

Skills

  • Results Driven
  • Value Focused
  • Detail Oriented
  • Real Estate Brokerage
  • Real Estate Underwriting
  • General Contracting Knowledge
  • Personnel Management
  • Property Management
  • Accounting
  • Economics
  • Other Qualifications
    • Member – National Association of Realtors
    • Member – Texas Association of Realtors
    • Member – San Antonio Board of Realtors

    Education

    • Texas A&M University – B.S. Maritime Business Administration, Economics Minor
    • Northwest Vista College – A.A. Business Administration

         Champions School of Real Estate – Real Estate Salesperson Certification

    I'm looking for a chance to add value to an investment team and learn how it's done from a professional.

    Please let me know if you, or anyone you know, would be open to this type of arrangement.

1Reply
27 views

Most Popular Reply

Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
6y

So you are looking for a job??

Every Realtor I know is KILLING IT right now. Why are you not?

Even as a handyman that shows up, you should be making at least 3-5k per month.

See this reply in the discussion

9 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler, Rehabber and Landlord · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    So you are looking for a job??

    Every Realtor I know is KILLING IT right now. Why are you not?

    Even as a handyman that shows up, you should be making at least 3-5k per month.

  • Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    Hi Rick,

    I'm just getting started as a Realtor. I was awarded my license in mid-July. I was killing it with my Handyman Business through the summer, but it has fallen off these past few weeks. I've been looking at investment properties and practicing my underwriting skills, and I'm not ashamed to admit it but I still need some guidance.

    So I figured now would be the perfect time to jump in with both feet and learn the ropes of Real Estate Investing while adding value to an investor in the area at the same time.

  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tony Corbiere:

    Hi Rick,

    I'm just getting started as a Realtor. I was awarded my license in mid-July. I was killing it with my Handyman Business through the summer, but it has fallen off these past few weeks. I've been looking at investment properties and practicing my underwriting skills, and I'm not ashamed to admit it but I still need some guidance.

    So I figured now would be the perfect time to jump in with both feet and learn the ropes of Real Estate Investing while adding value to an investor in the area at the same time.

    This is a fantastic time to be an investor focused agent here in San Antonio. I've had more out of state investors reach out to me in the last 3 months than I did all of last year. Of course making deals can be a challenge, but that's the fun part. Hopefully you chose a broker/mentor that provides the right resources and training to succeed in this environment. I'm always happy to help new agents that are getting started in San Antonio, so please feel free to reach out.

    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
  • Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Joseph Cacciapaglia

    Thanks for offering the help. I'm open to grabbing lunch/dinner for a chat.

    My broker is eXp Realty which is cloud based, so I'm not in an office around other agents and have nobody to show me the ropes. I do have a "mentor"; she sent me an introductory text, but has since gone radio silent.

    I wouldn't expect anyone to show me the ropes out of the goodness of their heart, so I'm looking for an opportunity to work for it.

  • Joseph CacciapagliaBusiness Member
    Lender · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Tony Corbiere:

    @Joseph Cacciapaglia

    Thanks for offering the help. I'm open to grabbing lunch/dinner for a chat.

    My broker is eXp Realty which is cloud based, so I'm not in an office around other agents and have nobody to show me the ropes. I do have a "mentor"; she sent me an introductory text, but has since gone radio silent.

    I wouldn't expect anyone to show me the ropes out of the goodness of their heart, so I'm looking for an opportunity to work for it.

     I'm not familiar with how eXp's program works, but doesn't your mentor have a financial interest in making sure you succeed? I would expect some real guidance, if that's the case. I know a lot of new agents avoid the type of program where someone gets a cut of your first several deals in exchange for training you, but I think that's that best setup for the vast majority of people.

    Joseph Cacciapaglia powered by Morty
  • Charlie CameronBusiness Member
    Investor · Niceville, FL · Member since 2017 · 450 posts · 366 votes
    6y

    @Tony Corbiere If your mentor isn't supporting you, you need to request a different mentor. Like anywhere, the people you work with can be great or terrible, and some agents do get assigned crap mentors. (This is why I usually advocate matching new agents to a mentor rather than letting the company pair you up).  My mentor was absolutely FANTASTIC.  She gave me much more time of day than she got paid for, and I'm very thankful.  You can also join a local eXp team as well (Kyle Handy is in SAT).  

    The RAL Room Assisted Living Mastermind
  • Contractor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 10 posts · 18 votes
    6y

    @Charlie Cameron

    You know, you're right, I should request a different mentor. My first mentor assigned to me was great, but she was in another city.

    Somebody else has already recommended that I join the Handy Team as well. I think I'll give them a call today

  • Member since 2022 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    4y
    Quote from @Tony Corbiere:

    Hi Rick,

    I'm just getting started as a Realtor. I was awarded my license in mid-July. I was killing it with my Handyman Business through the summer, but it has fallen off these past few weeks. I've been looking at investment properties and practicing my underwriting skills, and I'm not ashamed to admit it but I still need some guidance.

    So I figured now would be the perfect time to jump in with both feet and learn the ropes of Real Estate Investing while adding value to an investor in the area at the same time.


    please contact me 8085906844


  • Justin WindhamPro Member
    Banker · Nationwide · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    4y

    @Tony Corbiere

    Welcome to Bigger Pockets!

    This is a great place to learn and network.

    If you are looking to connect with other members near you, or want to learn from people in a specific area you’d like to invest in, or have a desire to find people interested in certain topics, you could use the search feature here: https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.