Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2019 · 326 posts · 266 votes
6y
Always look to use your own title company if you can. When you use the one they choose, you are giving them control. Always vet the title company that they choose if you decide to go along with the transaction.
Real Estate Broker · Hyde Park Tampa, FL · Member since 2019 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
6y
The seller chooses the title company in my state. With Covid - as well as a client base of out-of-market investors - finding a firm that will do Zoom Closings/E-Notary Closings has become critical. The world no longer operates on piles of paper and in person signing. I recommend one that will be innovative to keep up with your business before you need it to be ready.
Investor · Ann Arbor, MI · Member since 2013 · 178 posts · 225 votes
6y
When I buy real estate I write in the contract that we are using my title company. The seller usually doesn’t care. Your title company should be an important part of your team, like your broker is, your attorney is, your property manager is. I have done 100+ deals with the same title company. Develop a relationship and they will guide you well.