Title Company Selection

4 Replies

Always look to use your own title company if you can. When you use the one they choose, you are giving them control. Always vet the title company that they choose if you decide to go along with the transaction.

The seller chooses the title company in my state.  With Covid - as well as a client base of out-of-market investors - finding a firm that will do Zoom Closings/E-Notary Closings has become critical.  The world no longer operates on piles of paper and in person signing.  I recommend one that will be innovative to keep up with your business before you need it to be ready.

Hope this helps.

When I buy real estate I write in the contract that we are using my title company.  The seller usually doesn’t care.  Your title company should be an important part of your team, like your broker is, your attorney is, your property manager is.  I have done 100+ deals with the same title company.  Develop a relationship and they will guide you well. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you