Opinions / Advices / Partnership IN GREELEY, COLORADO

Opinions / Advices / Partnership IN GREELEY, COLORADO

New to Real Estate · Greeley, CO · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes

Hello Everyone from my BiggerPocket community,

My name is Fod, from Greeley, CO. I need your help on advice to my topic.

This is my first deal, God's will. I have an offer accepted on property 2 blocks from the UNC, the property just appraised at $250,000 and the comps around it at $275,000. If it TLCed (Paint & Carpet) will bring $275,000 easily, It's been rented for the Past 3 years at $1,800 monthly, but I think with the $10,000 TLC will bring the rent to $1,900-$2,500 especially if rented by room ($500 per room), I was planning to wholesale it if the owner accepted my $190,000, but he wouldn't go under $220,000 especially that he has a $250,000 offer from a person who's using a conventional loan, and I told him about all the costs he's going to pay if he closes with the conventional way (closing costs, commission, etc) and that might not even go through. He accepted the offer if I cover all closing costs and sales costs. here's the options I thought of:

1) BRRRR it, $176,000 hard money loan and 20% down-payment which is $55K ($44K down-payment, & $10k rehab) cash Needed which I don't have at this moment.

2) Wholesale it for $5K-$10K assignment fee. that only gives a flipper 8% but it's a good option for a house-hacking or a land-lord.

I thought of finding a private money lender for the 20% I know it's doable but my resources are very limited.

I ran the numbers on renting it and then Brrrr it and it brings $698 per month CASH-FLOW which is 15.1% ROI which is great.

WHAT and WHO do you all recommend and advice ?

Best Regards,

Thanks.

0Reply
21 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Fort Collins, CO · Member since 2011 · 38 posts · 14 votes
    6y

    Seems like a bit of a thin deal.  

    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  So if you have an owner occupant buyer lined up maybe you can make a referral fee assigning the contract.  

    Based on your numbers buying at 83.6% purhcase plus repairs / ARV, is high, I don't see people go over 82% in our area and many are scared of the economy right now and being more conservative.

    Sounds like it would be a decent rental, you would have $47,000 based on my numbers after you refinanced BRRR at 75% LTV. Doesn't sound like you have that money available. Not sure if you are qualified for long term rental financing?

    $10k in repairs is low, got to be paint and carpet.  Sounds like you're new but have done some good analysis on the property.  

    Check on zoning area's around campus.  I think some area's the zoning limits how many unrelated parties can live in the house.  That would mess up the rental by the room strategy.

  • Bill S.Pro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2013 · 4k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Fadi A. I second the, check regarding zoning around campus. Not all units adjacent to the campus can be rented by the room. Don't think you can slip it by. The neighbors will know, will turn you in and the city does enforce it rigorously. It's a thumbs down deal for me. Especially with hard money. The money costs will eat up your equity in a hurry. You need more margin to work with.

  • New to Real Estate · Greeley, CO · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Blake Stevens. Great point about the zoning I didn't know (Thank you)! If you don't mind sharing your formula in buying a rental or a flip. I follow the ARVx70%-RH-profit rule, but not one offer got accepted due to how low, being a high price market in CO. 

    I appreciate your feed back and your points.

  • New to Real Estate · Greeley, CO · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    @Bill S. Thank you very much. I'll keep looking till I find the right deal. I thank you again. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.