Another New Guy!

4 Replies

Hello all,
Like everyone else who has posted in this forum, I too am looking for financial freedom. I have been thinking about this type of investing for some time now, but really never got serious about it. I have finally become tired of the 8 to 5 lifestyle, and have decided to focus my energy towards REI. To give you a little background history, I am thirty years old, and have been working full time since I was 19. I finally decided to go back to school in 2000, and I will finally graduate with a B.A. next month. My in-laws turned me onto this market some years ago when they were active in REI, but they have since gotten away from REI and focused their energy on day-trading stocks. I actually know very little about this type of investing, so I plan on spending a good deal of time educating myself so that I will very be prepared for my first deal. Anyway, I came across this website this weekend and realized immediatley how beneficial it could be. I look foward to communicating with all of you, and would very much appreciate any advice you could lend.

Welcome to the forums. There are so many different ways you can get involved in REI, just look and learn. When you find an area that seems like a good fit for you take the time to learn all you can and just do it!

8)

gnash,
Welcome to the forum, And good luck with your Real Estate investment goals. What city and state are you looking to invest In. Maybe some of our
members can help you.

:zzz:

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you