Canadian trying to buy Lease Agreement Packages

Canadian trying to buy Lease Agreement Packages

Contractor · Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I'm a Canadian in Alberta and am just starting to get into some Brrrr investing. I was going to purchase some of the Lease Agreement Packages but I see its only for the States. I have no problem with that except I was curious on which State Laws are closest to the Laws in Alberta, Canada? Or am I better off getting a local Lawyer to draft some stuff up?

Thanks!

0Reply
26 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Boca Raton, FL · Member since 2012 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Bradon Quinney:

    I'm a Canadian in Alberta and am just starting to get into some Brrrr investing. I was going to purchase some of the Lease Agreement Packages but I see its only for the States. I have no problem with that except I was curious on which State Laws are closest to the Laws in Alberta, Canada? Or am I better off getting a local Lawyer to draft some stuff up?

    Thanks!

    What do you mean by "Lease Agreement Packages"?  If you are referring to Lease Options then be careful if you buy existing agreements with tenants in place.  There were numerous changes in Dodd-Frank which govern these and if they are not drafted correctly could end up unenforceable.  I would have a local real estate attorney review them for compliance before buying any of these. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Edmonton, Alberta · Member since 2015 · 307 posts · 200 votes
    5y

    @Bradon Quinney You need to use a lease specific for Alberta. Go to the Alberta Residential Landlord Association (ARLA) website. They have landlord forms you can buy.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.