New to Duplex ownership in Fort Riley, KS

New to Duplex ownership in Fort Riley, KS

Member since 2021 · 2 posts · 1 vote

Greetings BP!

Really excited to find out about this community and try to learn as much as I can about generating passive income. 

So about me:

Active Duty Soldier, moving to Ft. Riley, KS area. Will be there for at least 3 years. Would love to network and meet with other investors in the area!

Currently in a contract for a Duplex in Junction City, KS. (First time homeowner). I am new to the idea of being a landlord, so I would be open to advice and tips from members who have done this many times before! My ultimate goal would be to manage my properties full time, and eventually owning 100+ units.

I'm excited to meet up and network, if possible.

1Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Kenneth Edwards:

    Greetings BP!

    Really excited to find out about this community and try to learn as much as I can about generating passive income. 

    So about me:

    Active Duty Soldier, moving to Ft. Riley, KS area. Will be there for at least 3 years. Would love to network and meet with other investors in the area!

    Currently in a contract for a Duplex in Junction City, KS. (First time homeowner). I am new to the idea of being a landlord, so I would be open to advice and tips from members who have done this many times before! My ultimate goal would be to manage my properties full time, and eventually owning 100+ units.

    I'm excited to meet up and network, if possible.

    Kenneth, great to have you!

  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 3 votes
    5y

    Hi Kenneth, my husband is pcs'ing to Riley next month. It will just be my husband there with our family and I staying back in Hawaii. We are looking to to buy a small place for my husband. We have owned a duplex in Fayetteville NC before and sold that, also owned a condo here in Hawaii that we sold last year. We learned a lot, so good luck on your endeavor! We are thinking of buying my husband a small 1-2 bedroom with cash. Or we could do a multi/duplex with a loan. I'm not sure what direction to go in. I'm leaning more towards a small place cash just so we don't have to deal with the loan process honestly. 

    Question is - how do you like Junction City? (I've been looking at Ogden area as well)

    How has it been renting out one side of your duplex in terms of rent price, tenant, utilities (included or not)?

    Thank you!

  • Ryan SajderaBusiness Member
    Realtor · Manhattan, KS · Member since 2016 · 170 posts · 89 votes
    4y

    Hey Kenneth! Welcome to the area! I host a small group of other investors here. Let me know if you'd ever like to connect!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.